Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In Search Of: Syndie WML Episode  (Read 1766 times)

Matt Ottinger

In Search Of: Syndie WML Episode
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:40:05 PM »
Trying to help a relative find what we are pretty sure is a Fall, 1971 appearance of her aunt on the Bruner version of What's My Line?  The contestant's name is Diane Palombi, and her occupation was a policewoman.  She would have been presented as a sexy young woman ("short shorts and a tight top” is how somebody remembers it).  The family remembers nothing about panelists or mystery guests.

I know it's a long shot.  I also get the impression that the 71-72 season of What's My Line was severely underrepresented on GSN for some reason, making it an even longer shot.  Any help, as always, would be appreciated.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Eric Paddon

Re: In Search Of: Syndie WML Episode
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »
Without at bare minimum a Mystery Guest or panelist other than Arlene and Soupy it's really impossible to track down something that specific.     No one's ever put out an episode guide or has a log for syndie WML.

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:14:29 PM »
I know I'm no help there. I don't think I have a single episode from that season. The Bruner years weren't that well represented on GSN, especially after the "dark period," but you're right that that season was particularly ignored.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
I know I'm no help there. I don't think I have a single episode from that season.

But that's actually helpful in identifying how unlikely it is.  I have precisely one (Frank Zappa MG) on a VHS tape at work, where I'm not allowed to go.

I was able to find lots of articles about the young woman and share those with the family, so they're thrilled with that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
I remember that when the DP began, Bruner WML was airing only on weekends (mornings) and they were in the 1969-70 season.

My files list 48 Bruner shows and a dozen from 1971 but I'm pretty sure that's the 70-71 season overall.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 04:18:48 PM »
I concur.  According to the records I kept at the time re what GSN was airing, very few episodes (if any) from the 1971-72 season were ever shown.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

thomas_meighan

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 06:31:51 PM »
Anyone know if Gil Fates maintained a log for the syndicated run as he did for the network series?

Course, knowing one way or the other won't be that useful if no one can access it. Still, some impressive research on the network WML? emerged on the show's tv.com episode guide based on Fates' papers, and I hope that similar material exists on other shows he worked on.