Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/30  (Read 10888 times)

Bryce L.

New Buzzr lineup effective 3/30
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:17:55 AM »
The listings have been updated through April 13th, and here's what's changing on the 30th...

• Press Your Luck returns to the daily lineup, now at 4:00pm, with fresh episodes (picking up at episode 312)
  • Concentration 76 is on at 7:30pm, starting from episode 0971
  • Let's Make a Deal 85 moves to 8:30pm
  • Card Sharks with Jim Perry moves to 9:30pm, replacing the Eubanks episodes in that slot
  • Concentration 76 replaces Sale of the Century in the Sundays at 4:00pm hour
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 11:45:39 AM by Bryce L. »

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/30
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:37:18 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but I'll post it here. According to posts on their social media, wherever Buzzr is located, they've been forced to begin performing their operations remotely because of COVID-19 precautions put into place. They mention that while the channel will continue to broadcast, this could affect the Buzzr schedule going forward when it comes to new-to-Buzzr episodes making their way on the network. Could this mean a shorter than expected run for Concentration than expected? Or will we cycle through episodes of others show faster than normal? Time will tell.

I wonder if this is a concern for other cable networks and, particularly, sub-channels. I was at first thinking maybe, but now that's changed to maybe not thinking about it more. I feel like Buzzr is a channel that has new programming it needs to plow through to convert to a format to air it, whereas other cable channels and subchannels already have the entire run of Golden Girls or Bewitched ready to go to insert wherever it is on the schedule.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:18:19 AM »
I'd assume that all of the product BUZZR has digitally converted over the past 5 years is still stored, backed up, and remotely accessible if need be.
I'd also think that they could also go back to "not seen in ages" episodes, and those of us that have only more recently acquired the channel would still be pleased...

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:45:39 AM »
Their schedules are posted through the early hours of April 20...
  • Classic Concentration resets to January '88 on Friday the 10th
  • Password Plus goes back to April '79 on Monday the 13th
  • Match Game '74 stops new episodes on Thursday the 16th
  • Supermarket Sweep '00 begins randomizing their episodes on Thursday the 16th (with the last new episode being #70)
  • Password '67 rewinds again on Friday the 17th (after nine fresh episodes)
  • Press Your Luck goes back to September '84 on Friday the 17th
Concentration '76 is the only thing with a fresh episode airing as of Friday the 17th.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 03:11:51 AM »
Sequentially, there is no skipping in production number sequence of Concentration once it starts at 0971?

Bryce L.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 03:47:29 AM »
Sequentially, there is no skipping in production number sequence of Concentration once it starts at 0971?
Correct. Uses the same numbering scheme that TTTT and WML? use, a sequential week counter ("097") followed by a number for the day of the week (1 = Monday, 2 = Tuesday, etc.)

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 07:31:03 PM »
Is Narz Concentration only on at 6:30 MY time, or are there encores later in the evening?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Blanquepage

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »
Is Narz Concentration only on at 6:30 MY time, or are there encores later in the evening?
1 episode per night during the week. Sunday afternoon 4PM-5PM ET will show encores of the episodes aired on the prior Monday & Tuesday.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »
The first over-the-air broadcast of Narz Concentration in 42 years goes nicely.   An amusing inside reference by Jack to brother Tom Kennedy at one point.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 08:31:32 PM »
Interestingly, we're going to see at least one rule change this week.

Earlier this month, Buzzr uploaded part of show #0975, wherein Jack makes a bit of a deal about how players get three picks per turn in Game 1. The episode aired tonight, #0971, still has two picks per turn.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Eric Paddon

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:49 PM »
I wonder if all those rapid "Bonus Number" matches in tonight's show influenced that to a degree.    By going with three picks all around  you could get rid of two "Bonus Number" spaces presumably on the board and add an extra prize.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
A few other observations: Double Play is still outright played for $100 and a car, Game 2 still uses the white-on-black Wild Cards (rather than the multicolored ones that debuted by the December '77 tapings), and there are still no "Free Look" spaces.

By going with three picks all around you could get rid of two "Bonus Number" spaces presumably on the board and add an extra prize.
Based on available footage, when "three picks per turn in Game 1" became the norm the Bonus Number spaces were completely removed from said game.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 09:21:08 PM »
Tonight's 9:00 p.m. Eastern Supermarket Sweep deviates from Buzzr's online schedule -- instead of being the new-to-network 1063 of season six, the network has jumped back to (what I think is) season six's 1019. Let the wild speculation commence!

jage

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:26:14 PM »
My quick guess would be skeleton staff meant that the new episode wasn't ready to go.

Blanquepage

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 09:27:57 PM »
Tonight's 9:00 p.m. Eastern Supermarket Sweep deviates from Buzzr's online schedule -- instead of being the new-to-network 1063 of season six, the network has jumped back to (what I think is) season six's 1019. Let the wild speculation commence!
"They're self-contained, so m'eh. Unless someone's collecting them, they won't notice. Let's just rewind now."