Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel, Jeopardy & others suspend production due to coronavirus concerns  (Read 14600 times)

brianhenke

WOF and J! just announced they are suspending production.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TimK2003

Harvey Feud has also stopped production.  Not much of a great loss there...Hell, at this point, they can go YEARS without new episodes and no one would know the difference.

BrandonFG

Harvey Feud has also stopped production.  Not much of a great loss there...Hell, at this point, they can go YEARS without new episodes and no one would know the difference.
I hear you, and to us, it's no biggie for the reason you mentioned, but it has to suck for the crew who does this as freelance. As a freelancer, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous right now.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
I hear you, and to us, it's no biggie for the reason you mentioned, but it has to suck for the crew who does this as freelance. As a freelancer, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous right now.

As an American, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous right now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

As a freelancer, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous right now.

Just applied for unemployment yesterday. Hope the shutdown only lasts two weeks like they said.

BrandonFG

Oh I’ve been nervous since November 9, 2016. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chargeradiocom

Re: Wheel, Jeopardy & others suspend production due to coronavirus concerns
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
A couple days late on this, but here’s a list of shows & how their production schedules are being affected (or not) by the coronavirus. It’s supposed to be updated as they learn more:

http://buzzerblog.com/2020/03/17/upcoming-game-show-schedules-impacted-by-coronavirus/

Also, I updated the thread title to more accurately reflect the current situation.

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 07:49:04 PM »
They really need to reboot the one game built for contagious diseases, Hollywood Squares.

Unrealtor

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 11:44:00 PM »
Jeopardy has announced that the 18-month clock on contestants' eligibility after an in-person audition is essentially frozen for as long as production is stopped (they worded it as extended by an amount equal to the length of the stoppage.) Not surprising, really.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

chad1m

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »
To help with providing content because of the early production shutdown, starting May 4th, Jeopardy! will repeat the Greatest of All Time matches in eight half-hour chunks, which will be bookended by rebroadcasts of Ken Jennings' first and last games from his 2004 winning streak.

colonial

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 11:31:22 AM »
Participants on Sony's J! message board are saying that the show appears to have launched "virtual in-person" auditions via Zoom this week, with auditions taking place Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. Unsure if this is the first such week of virtual auditioning.

JD

wxfrcaster

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
I work at a station that airs Wheel and Jeopardy!  We took a call today from a furious viewer who wanted Sony's phone number because the players on Wheel were not practicing social distancing.  ::)

aaron sica

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 03:38:56 PM »
I work at a station that airs Wheel and Jeopardy!  We took a call today from a furious viewer who wanted Sony's phone number because the players on Wheel were not practicing social distancing.  ::)

Did you put her on hold for a few minutes, then come back and tell her that you talked to Sony and in a few minutes, they'll stand farther apart just for her? :P

Jeremy Nelson

As said previously, what a time for Mike Richards to take over Wheel and Jeopardy. Obviously production can't resume right now, but how does this affect retirement timelines for Pat/Vanna/Alex? If I remember correctly, they're all signed through 2021/22. With both male hosts having recent health issues, does this hasten any of those timelines? Considering that Alex has always wanted a low-key retirement announcement, it wouldn't totally surprise me if he did it during this shutdown.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Kevin Prather

With Harry leaving and Mike coming in, I wonder which would lead to more wild speculation: the hosts retiring right before Mike arrives, or them retiring after a year with Mike.