Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay “bargain”  (Read 4681 times)

KrisW73

Re: eBay “bargain”
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
I own a deck of Gambit cards from the 1970s run; it’s the only complete one I know to exist.  Purchased it from a seller in Europe eight years ago; he’d had it in his playing card collection since the mid-1980s.  That was a fluke though; it was on a personal site (not auction site) and I wouldn’t have seen it if I hadn’t been searching for something else.

Other items in the collection, found at various times on eBay: a single card from Card Sharks, a question card from the 1970s Joker’s Wild, and the money slides from the Bullseye bonus round.

Would be interested to know if TJW question was type or handwritten - could you please let me know?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »
My recollection from seeing a question card is that the question itself was typewritten in caps and double spaced, and the answer was written and double underlined in the upper-left corner in addition to being below the question.
Travis L. Eberle

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
My recollection from seeing a question card is that the question itself was typewritten in caps and double spaced, and the answer was written and double underlined in the upper-left corner in addition to being below the question.

Correct. The written answer likely came after the question was used on the air, for filing purposes, as the cards were tucked away alphabetically by correct answer.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

KrisW73

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »
Thank you both!

rstrata

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
I own a deck of Gambit cards from the 1970s run; it’s the only complete one I know to exist.  Purchased it from a seller in Europe eight years ago; he’d had it in his playing card collection since the mid-1980s. 

Cool!  Want to part with them? :)

Not yet.   When I do (or Boss Lady does after I pass) this forum will be the first to know.  I did scan them all for Adam Nedeff, who cleaned them up to make a Gambit home game; I think his page still has the download files.

Meanwhile, this is what the Joker question card looks like (LMK if the link doesn’t work):
https://ibb.co/4RcqK7m

KrisW73

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 01:00:28 PM »
Meanwhile, this is what the Joker question card looks like (LMK if the link doesn’t work):
https://ibb.co/4RcqK7m

Oh cool - thank you so much!!