Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Concentration!  (Read 39936 times)

jage

Re: More Concentration!
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2020, 02:45:23 AM »
Seems like they should have timed the first game as well in case something like this happens.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2020, 08:07:29 PM »
An interesting occurrence on the 4/24 show:

During the money game, a prize was inadvertently revealed. On his next attempt, the same contestant matched it and was awarded it, at which point Jack said they would stop tape and move the prizes around a bit before resuming. After the edit, the prize was gone from the contestant's side of the board, the spaces he'd just matched had been turned back to numbers, and the prizes under some of the numbers had been shuffled. During the closing credits, Johnny mentioned the edit also. It was strange that they didn't edit out the match that was rescinded, though./spoiler]

WhammyPower

« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2020, 09:06:47 AM »
Or, you can just watch:

https://youtu.be/flyOHgJMkjw

Mike Tennant

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2020, 08:17:25 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the picture occasionally going out of focus on these episodes? I noticed it on the 4/28 episode as well as an earlier one.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the picture occasionally going out of focus on these episodes? I noticed it on the 4/28 episode as well as an earlier one.

You mean how, for the entire episode, the picture alternates approximately every one second between something that resembles an interlaced image and a deinterlaced image?

Yes.

tvmitch

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2020, 06:45:24 PM »

You mean how, for the entire episode, the picture alternates approximately every one second between something that resembles an interlaced image and a deinterlaced image?

Yes.
Some of these episodes have made me feel very slightly physically ill because of this issue, but I soldier on
You should follow me on Twitter

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »

Yes.

Same here. Yes, it kind of bugs me....probably not as much as it should, with me working in something that resembles the video business.

weaklink75

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2020, 07:57:47 PM »

Yes.

Same here. Yes, it kind of bugs me....probably not as much as it should, with me working in something that resembles the video business.

Maybe there were slight issues with the master tapes when they were digitizing the episodes or something...

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2020, 08:04:56 PM »

yes:

Having watched the broadcast, the website feed, and now this, I'm curious what's causing all of the interpolation?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Mike Tennant

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2020, 01:23:33 PM »

There must have been some sort of offstage signal for Jack indicating the puzzle had been solved, or else he was briefed on it before the show started (which seems less likely). He obviously doesn't have a card showing the answer to the main game puzzles (which would be very easy for contestants to catch a glimpse); I'm kind of surprised he does have them for the Double Play round.

There was one show this week, I believe it was Tuesday nights episode, where at one point they cut to the contestants and Jack, and you could see him putting a pice of paper into the breast pocket of his suit.  I assumed he was refreshing himself on the puzzle answer.
As a matter of fact, on the 5/6 episode, Jack specifically indicated that the had the answer in that pocket.

chad1m

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »
For a variety of reasons, I think tonight's episode is my favorite of the Buzzr batch.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2020, 05:09:32 PM »
So, one of my Youtube subscriptions that posted the batch of episodes from a couple of months ago has started posting more.  Should I take this to mean that there's more new-to-Buzzr Concentration airing right now?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Allstar87

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
So, one of my Youtube subscriptions that posted the batch of episodes from a couple of months ago has started posting more.  Should I take this to mean that there's more new-to-Buzzr Concentration airing right now?

You should indeed; the new episodes just started up this week. :) You can still catch the past two new ones over the weekend, though!

LMAD '86 is showing new episodes now as well.

calliaume

« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
Has anybody kept records on how often there's a car win on this version as opposed to, say, Classic Concentration? My first thought was there would be lots more wins on the latter, but it may be pretty much the same.

chrisholland03

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »
I'm hoping for something other than that poor orange Chevette soon!