Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Concentration!  (Read 39922 times)

tpirfan28

Re: More Concentration!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 05:18:25 PM »
Not the ad, but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgzdL_JjvBU

EDIT:  Clipped from the B episode of Classic Concentration today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTeaNxlSgQ
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:30:41 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BillCullen1

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
They ran that promo on Monty's SS and Rayburn's MG today. Looking forward to seeing Jack Narz back on Buzzr again. Of the shows mentioned, I'd like to see Celebrity Sweepstakes and Scrabble. I'm also still holding out hope for Barker's TPIR making it to Buzzr eventually.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
Of long-running G-T shows of the 70s, "Concentration" and ABC Password were always the two "lost" titles, albeit for different reasons.    Nice to see the one where the tapes still existed finally taken care of!    I haven't "live recorded" off GSN/BUZZR in years but this will be one time where I'll be resuming.

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »
The way the promo department cut the promo and managed to line up the board creaks and claps with Jack's actions (clapping, stomping his foot at one point) is excellent.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cyclone45

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 05:11:33 PM »
The only "meh" thing is it comes at LMaD' expense. It's my fav on BUZZR right now. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 05:56:31 PM »
The way the promo department cut the promo and managed to line up the board creaks and claps with Jack's actions (clapping, stomping his foot at one point) is excellent.
Hard co-sign. Having the board hydraulics(?) serve as a field drum is an inspired choice.
This signature is currently under construction.

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
:O

Maybe that poll was legit ?

Right?! Now I wish I had a copy of that survey to remind us what shows were on there. I recall this, BZZZ!, Scrabble, Scattergories, and 25 Words or Less for sure. I want to say Barker’s Price as well.

Still, a game show that hasn’t been reran in...what, 42 years? Just when you think this channel will stop amazing you, they prove you wrong.

Wow! Weeknights at 7:30 they said on Facebook.

Awesome time slot, indeed! Guess this means LMAD is going out to pasture again?

Here was the question; the follow up question had you select one out of all the below options selected as the one you'd like to see most.

Would you like to see any of the following shows added to the Buzzr schedule?

Remote Control
Concentration
Whew!
The Price is Right (Barker)
Shop Til You Drop
Hot Streak
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy!
Celebrity Sweepstakes
Liar's Club
25 Words or Less
High Rollers
Win Ben Stein's Money
Scattergories
Scrabble
None of These

------------
I too could have sworn Bzzz! was on there too, but it's not in any of the screengrabs I pulled up. It was SOMEWHERE, right?

I want to see it all on Buzzr!
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

catnap1972

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 03:47:35 PM »
Question for the NY/NJ folks...where and when was it originally run and was it ever repeated beyond its 1978 cancellation?

Eric Paddon

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 05:21:09 PM »
It was on WNBC for most of its run and then WOR for its last season.    It did not air beyond its cancellation so it was never "behind" apparently when it came to bicycling the show.   ("To Tell The Truth" by contrast aired it's final year of episodes in New York one year after production ended on WPIX).

chargeradiocom

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
First, I’m digging this promo.

From the standpoint of attracting casual viewers, I am a bit puzzled about the 7:30 timeslot. I’d think they’d want to put the more familiar Trebek-hosted version in a prime viewing slot. (I’m a bit surprised they haven’t put Trebek CC somewhere between 7:00 & 11:00 Eastern already—though I understand if they can’t/don’t want to run it against new episodes of Trebek’s far more familiar show, which would be happening in some markets almost anywhere in that timeframe.) It concerns me a bit that casual viewers will see 70’s Concentration as a downgrade from Trebek CC and walk. Although, being a lesser known, less well-regarded version in its franchise(s) hasn’t seemed to hurt this Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour run. (And to the extent that social media is an indicator, the response to the Concentration announcement seems to be much more positive so far.)

As for LMaD, likely there will be some other schedule shifting, and I doubt it will get shafted too much. I mean, we don’t know yet what they’ll do with it, but barring some unforeseen issue, I’d think it’s unlikely that it will go from new episodes in the prime time lead-in slot, to nearly non-existent. Heck, it might even get a timeslot upgrade if BUZZR decides to give the oft-repeated episodes of Password Plus or Supermarket Sweep a rest. We should see soon enough.

Last thought... hearing Johnny O. give semi-detailed 70s prize descriptions in quick succession over Showcase music beds... they’re enjoying teasing us, aren’t they?

Thunder

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 11:04:40 PM »
The show is 40 years old. It's a low-rated network that exists because it has extremely low production costs.

Why in the hell are they making a 4-week lead-in time for this? I can understand one week or so, but four?

jage

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 11:26:15 PM »
For exactly the reasons you give. It's a low-rated network. Might as well try to get as much mileage out of something new as possible.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 01:28:08 AM »
The show is 40 years old. It's a low-rated network that exists because it has extremely low production costs.

Why in the hell are they making a 4-week lead-in time for this? I can understand one week or so, but four?

Maybe the schedules for the intervening weeks are already set in stone? Their strategy might not make sense to you or me but it's what they are going with.

chrisholland03

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
And I'm enjoying and appreciate the build-up.

It feels like some of you are quite salty about a 40 year old show on a low-rated network that exists because it has extremely low production costs.

Bryce L.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 11:26:52 AM »
Maybe the schedules for the intervening weeks are already set in stone?
They may well be, considering everything up through 6 am on the 30th has already been published on the website.