Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Concentration!  (Read 39927 times)

aaron sica

More Concentration!
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
Per a BUZZR Facebook post, the '70s Concentration (with Jack Narz) is being added to the schedule on March 30.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Re: More Concentration!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »
Holy schnikes! So exciting to see entries from that survey making their way to the network...

catnap1972

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »
:O

Maybe that poll was legit ?

splinkynip

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
Wow! Weeknights at 7:30 they said on Facebook.

gamed121683

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »

Right?! Now I wish I had a copy of that survey to remind us what shows were on there. I recall this, BZZZ!, Scrabble, Scattergories, and 25 Words or Less for sure. I want to say Barker’s Price as well.

Still, a game show that hasn’t been reran in...what, 42 years? Just when you think this channel will stop amazing you, they prove you wrong.

Awesome time slot, indeed! Guess this means LMAD is going out to pasture again?

Casey

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 01:13:25 PM »
Excellent news! I’ve only seen just the handful of Narz episodes on YouTube and I voted for this program in the poll.  Excited to see it make the schedule!

Blanquepage

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 01:19:56 PM »

Right?! Now I wish I had a copy of that survey to remind us what shows were on there. I recall this, BZZZ!, Scrabble, Scattergories, and 25 Words or Less for sure. I want to say Barker’s Price as well.

Still, a game show that hasn’t been reran in...what, 42 years? Just when you think this channel will stop amazing you, they prove you wrong.

Awesome time slot, indeed! Guess this means LMAD is going out to pasture again?

Here was the question; the follow up question had you select one out of all the below options selected as the one you'd like to see most.

Would you like to see any of the following shows added to the Buzzr schedule?

Remote Control
Concentration
Whew!
The Price is Right (Barker)
Shop Til You Drop
Hot Streak
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy!
Celebrity Sweepstakes
Liar's Club
25 Words or Less
High Rollers
Win Ben Stein's Money
Scattergories
Scrabble
None of These

------------
I too could have sworn Bzzz! was on there too, but it's not in any of the screengrabs I pulled up. It was SOMEWHERE, right?

Casey Buck

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
It's pretty incredible that in 10 years, Narz Concentration went from having about 2 episodes in circulation (and possibly presumed lost) to airing 5 nights a week on a channel that you can stream for free on the Internet. What a world.

I wonder if their promos will poke fun at the fact that this version of Concentration is more classic than Classic Concentration.

daveromanjr

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 01:46:15 PM »
Buzzr is already airing commercials with a music background that uses a sample of the noise the trilons make when they spin.  Talk about some shows that I never thought i'd see on a network!

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 01:52:51 PM »
I too could have sworn Bzzz! was on there too, but it's not in any of the screengrabs I pulled up. It was SOMEWHERE, right?
I'm almost positive it was. I seem to remember being very surprised by the option, considering the only other time it aired in reruns was for a very brief spell in the early-2000s. I believe it was on WGN.

I'm guessing Tribune has a Fremantle connection of some sort? I know they syndicated Feud and Celebrity Name Game at some point.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »
I always thought Whew would be a good one to go after and  air on Buzzr.  Not necessarily because of its notoriety and love amongst most of us, but because it was a shorter-length show (due to the 5 minute CBS newsbreaks), look at all the commercial time they would have within this 30-minute slot.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
I'm almost positive it was. I seem to remember being very surprised by the option, considering the only other time it aired in reruns was for a very brief spell in the early-2000s. I believe it was on WGN.

I'm guessing Tribune has a Fremantle connection of some sort? I know they syndicated Feud and Celebrity Name Game at some point.

Tribune syndicated Feud beginning in I think Louie's last season. The distribution arm was out of business by the time CNG premiered; they did briefly revive it, or at least the production portion, for Arsenio Hall's return to late night.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chargeradiocom

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »
I guess the survey should have been a clue, but still, nice surprise to see this!

There were a couple of separate questions, asking if people would be interested in dating/relationship shows and, if so, which shows? Bzzz! was on that list. I don't recall the entire list, but I remember Newlywed Game (with Eubanks), Dating Game (no version specified), and Singled Out also being on it.

Someone on BUZZR's FB page said a while back that Fremantle had bought out Tribune Syndication, and that's how they got Bzzz! I hadn't heard of such a purchase and question whether that person knew what they were talking about. But it does make sense that there would be some kind of connection, given the shows you mentioned and Bzzz! if they didn't buy the Edwards-Billett library outright.

I always thought Whew would be a good one to go after and  air on Buzzr.  Not necessarily because of its notoriety and love amongst most of us, but because it was a shorter-length show (due to the 5 minute CBS newsbreaks), look at all the commercial time they would have within this 30-minute slot.
Hot take: I've halfway wondered if, given the success of the Press Your Luck revival, Fremantle might be considering another cartoon villain game show, and have gone after Whew! thinking a revival of it might fit the bill. (Not for ABC necessarily, but for syndication/GSN/streaming/etc.)

Blanquepage

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 02:42:31 PM »
I guess the survey should have been a clue, but still, nice surprise to see this!

There were a couple of separate questions, asking if people would be interested in dating/relationship shows and, if so, which shows? Bzzz! was on that list. I don't recall the entire list, but I remember Newlywed Game (with Eubanks), Dating Game (no version specified), and Singled Out also being on it.

Yes, that's it! It was a question dedicated to relationship shows. On another note, the survey has major implications around the existence of Celebrity Sweepstakes (which I'm really gunning for). There are a couple of nighttime episodes in some hands and the NBC finale studio master that's been around appears in vacuum-sealed mint condition. Hope remains, even if it's just the PM version...

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »

Tribune syndicated Feud beginning in I think Louie's last season. The distribution arm was out of business by the time CNG premiered; they did briefly revive it, or at least the production portion, for Arsenio Hall's return to late night.
I sit corrected. :) I may have been confusing it with Tribune stations signing on to air the show (WGNT being one).
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!