Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best TPiR Announcer  (Read 9234 times)

uncamark

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2004, 06:30:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 02:20 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 05:44 AM\'] CBS has apparently reset its counter to zero on its Price web page for viewers to vote for their choice as the new announcer on the series [/quote]
As usual, he cites no source. Hack.[/quote]
CBS SATURDAY!  :)

GS Warehouse

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2004, 08:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 06:30 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 02:20 PM\']As usual, he cites no source. Hack.[/quote]
CBS SATURDAY!  :) [/quote]
Sorry, the season finale was this past weekend.  Didn't do well in the ratings, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 08:32:38 PM by GS Warehouse »

byrd62

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2004, 02:50:15 PM »
[slight spoiler]

And then, I find out from golden-road.net that someone attended a TPiR taping the other day and saw yet another announcer try out for the job, named Jim Thornton, whose past work included traffic reporting for KNX radio [CBS owned] and voiceover work for KCOP-TV [Fox-owned UPN 13], both in Los Angeles.

Maybe Fremantle is changing announcers as often as it changes the models on TPiR because they don't want to pay the consensus favorite, Randy West, a full-time salary, but that's just my own perception.

Steve Gavazzi

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2004, 06:24:45 PM »
According to Clock Game John, who was at the studio last month and spoke with Roger, they are working toward hiring an announcer.  It just hasn't happened yet.

passwordplus

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2004, 06:14:01 PM »
Hopefully Cheapmantle hasn't changed their minds since then, Steve. Give Cheapmantle 5 minutes and they might! :D

zachhoran

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2004, 07:05:28 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Mar 21 2004, 06:14 PM\'] Hopefully Cheapmantle hasn't changed their minds since then, Steve. Give Cheapmantle 5 minutes and they might! :D [/quote]
 I have a feeling that if Mark Goodson and/or Frank Wayne were still alive, Randy would have had that gig shortly after Rod died. The people he'd have used for on-air auditions would all be people with GS announcing experience

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2004, 05:41:21 PM »
roger rose is the best announcer fr TPIR, he has a nice voice.  i think roger rose would be agood announcer for TPIR
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

JacksonBrowne1980

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2004, 06:59:16 PM »
Roger Rose Is The Best Announcer; He Does The Best On TPIR
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

Terry K

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2004, 04:28:29 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 02:50 PM\'] [slight spoiler]

And then, I find out from golden-road.net that someone attended a TPiR taping the other day and saw yet another announcer try out for the job, named Jim Thornton, whose past work included traffic reporting for KNX radio [CBS owned] and voiceover work for KCOP-TV [Fox-owned UPN 13], both in Los Angeles.

Maybe Fremantle is changing announcers as often as it changes the models on TPiR because they don't want to pay the consensus favorite, Randy West, a full-time salary, but that's just my own perception. [/quote]
 Jim was doing the Monday taping that I was at (airing 4/9/04), and I can say he was very good.  I won't say he was Randy quality (since there's only one Randy West), but he was very, very good.  His warmup was topical, and much, much funnier than Burton's.  

Jim had the audience going, and I really hope that he's one of the finalists, along with Randy.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2004, 06:47:10 PM »
I agree that we've had some fine candidates come down the pike throughout this whole thing, but the one thing the MDS reminded me is that Randy is STILL so far ahead of the pack that it would be a grave injustice if he didn't get the gig permanently.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2004, 07:15:54 PM »
If . . . IF, God forbid, Randy didn't get the job, Jim would easily be my second choice. He was already good when he started, and he's made significant improvements over the course of just a few days. The "booming announcer voice" is almost completely gone now, to my ears.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

dzinkin

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
I'm surprised that Fremantle hasn't tried to save money by using a cheap PC with voice synthesis in place of a human announcer.

cmjb13

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2004, 06:26:24 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 08:58 PM\'] I'm surprised that Fremantle hasn't tried to save money by using a cheap PC with voice synthesis in place of a human announcer. [/quote]
 With Rod and subsequent announcers I had always wondered why they just didn't go the Shadoe Stevens route. Have the announcer pretape everything and don't even have them in the studio.

It's a little different for Price as you need a good warmup guy.

Then again, the audience often doesn't need to get excited. They already are.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tommycharles

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2004, 10:42:32 AM »
I think that would be a disservice to the announcer, actually. You can tell from a couple of Rod's pretaped fee plugs (for reruns and stuff) that he wasn't "feeding" off of the audience energy. It's just something that has to be there, IMO.

JacksonBrowne1980

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »
i say that roger rose is a good announcer
Erik "Taz" Mokracek