Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best TPiR Announcer  (Read 9321 times)

JTFriends1

Best TPiR Announcer
« on: February 12, 2004, 04:58:20 PM »
On Price's website, they have a poll up now "Who would make the best announcer for The Price is Right?"  Choices are Burton, Daniel, Art, Randy and "I haven't heard him yet."  I wonder how many people (besides us of course) have really noticed or made a real mental note of who was announcing when, particularly since Bob says nothing more then a first name at times.  I'm also curious as to how much pull this poll will have in making a final decision, if a decision will even be made at all.  But anyway...vote now!

cmjb13

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 05:57:42 PM »
Boy, this is sounding like a broken record.

When you e-mail the CBS TVC address, the e-mails are printed out and passed along to the appropriate people.

For example, if you send an e-mail that you liked a particular outfit one of the models was wearing, it's printed out and passed along (eventually) to Robin in the wardrobe department. Apparently, she was getting e-mails from old women at times saying that their outfits were too risque and showing too much.

So rest assured, your comments are seen. And they are taken into consideration. Just remember our voice is not the only factor. Many other factors will determine this.

Based on the wording of the poll, it's going to be a different question each week.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 05:58:14 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DrBear

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 06:37:19 PM »
Let's just say I felt a lot better voting for Randy West today than I will when I vote in our presidential primary on Tuesday :)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

DYosua

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »
It's good to to see them trying to involve the public in making this decision.  When I e-mailed them supporting Randy a while back, I encouraged them to make the viewers a part of the decision in some way.  It seems like they're going to do this!

TimK2003

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 07:41:07 PM »
[quote name=\'DYosua\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 06:40 PM\'] It's good to to see them trying to involve the public in making this decision.  When I e-mailed them supporting Randy a while back, I encouraged them to make the viewers a part of the decision in some way.  It seems like they're going to do this! [/quote]
 It's one thing for CBS to say, "Based on our online polls &/or viewer mail, this person should be the permanent announcer or model", but I would think that Bob would ultimately decide whether or not he wants to follow the polls, the advice of the CBS brass, or like in Match Game, he would "come up with something on his own".

Card Shark

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 07:53:59 PM »
This is a good sign, however, there's one problem. It's hard to tell how seriously they'll take the results of this poll considering I was allowed to submit my vote more than once.
Adam Strom

WhammyPower

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 07:41:08 AM »
The Poll is only good for the next week or so.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 07:41:55 AM by WhammyPower »

gameshowguy2000

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 11:09:18 AM »
I voted for Burton, citing his work from TNPIR '94 (Even if it did last for one year).

Mario500

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 12:33:50 PM »
...and the vote goes to......(SECRET, or is it?)  (Wink)

Timsterino

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 12:39:52 PM »
I voted for Randy West and not just because he is a member here. I voted for Randy because I think his announcing style fits best with TPiR. Burton is great for certain shows but I do not think he is the proper fit for Price.

Good luck, Randy!
Tim :-)

gtbecbp

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »
I voted for Randy!!  I sincerely hope this poll can help him out, he's great!!

Ben

Card Shark

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 02:06:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 12:39 PM\'] I voted for Randy West and not just because he is a member here. I voted for Randy because I think his announcing style fits best with TPiR. Burton is great for certain shows but I do not think he is the proper fit for Price.

Good luck, Randy!
Tim :-) [/quote]
 Ditto. His contributions to this group aside, I don't really care for Burton's announcing style on Price. He's very talented, but doesn't mesh well with the show. I don't care for Daniel Rosen. Randy breathes a new life in to the announcing style of the show.
Adam Strom

ClockGameJohn

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
Just be sure to vote!  VOTE VOTE VOTE!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 05:36:25 PM »
I voted for Dennis Kucinich :-P

Matt Ottinger

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 05:58:21 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 06:36 PM\'] I voted for Dennis Kucinich :-P [/quote]
 So YOU'RE the one!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.