Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Showcase Rounds In Which The Players Shared Names on The Price is Right  (Read 1255 times)

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
In The Price is Right's long history (the current version, at least) - has there EVER been a Showcase round where both contestants had the same first name? Or even the same FULL name? :D

I've been thinking about this just now. XD

aaron sica

Re: Showcase Rounds In Which The Players Shared Names on The Price is Right
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »
I remember this happening at least once, because I remember Bob joking "Our winner today will definitely be (whatever person's first name was)". I guess he didn't account for a double overbid (which didn't happen if I recall).

ActualRetailMike

I remember this once -- both showcase contestants were women named Teresa IIRC.  Bob did make parenthetical mention of it.

Of course, you'd have to have people with the same first name called into Contestant's Row in the first place.  Wonder how often that happens?  Or suppose all the contestants were named Jim, let's say.  It'd be a bit confusing, i.e., "Jim, what is your bid?"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
I really hope that the contestant picker would prevent that from happening. I get that you might have a pair of Johns or Sarahs but you would space them out so hopefully they don't clump together.
Travis L. Eberle