Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mental Samurai Season 2  (Read 1823 times)

That Don Guy

Mental Samurai Season 2
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »
Fox has renewed Mental Samurai; it returns 4/22.

The description makes it sound like there's going to be a format change of some sort - instead of bringing back the $100,000 winners at the end of the season, a $100,000 winner may return on the next show (it says "next night," but I am assuming this will be weekly):

"In the end, the player who correctly answers the most questions the fastest will enter the Circle of Samurai for a chance to win up to $100,000 and return the next night to face a new group of colorful competitors vying to win the title of MENTAL SAMURAI."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Mental Samurai Season 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:57 PM »
Fox has renewed Mental Samurai; it returns 4/22.

The description makes it sound like there's going to be a format change of some sort - instead of bringing back the $100,000 winners at the end of the season, a $100,000 winner may return on the next show (it says "next night," but I am assuming this will be weekly):

"In the end, the player who correctly answers the most questions the fastest will enter the Circle of Samurai for a chance to win up to $100,000 and return the next night to face a new group of colorful competitors vying to win the title of MENTAL SAMURAI."

The vibe I get from that is simply that someone who makes a $100,000 attempt is considered a "defending champion" and gets to play again. But I suppose we'll know more in April.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:54:03 AM »
UPDATE - The show returns this Thursday, April 9 at 9pm Eastern.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:54:27 AM »
UPDATE UPDATE - The plan was for the show to tape on the set used in Spain. COVID-19 put a nix on taping in Spain or taping anywhere so, as of now, there is no Season 2. They'll be rerunning Season 1 when the show "returns" tonight.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.