Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Asterisk Origination Question  (Read 4817 times)

Argo

TPIR Asterisk Origination Question
« on: June 29, 2003, 10:25:32 PM »
I have a theory about the asterisks on many of the GT shows especially TPIR. This theory may have been brought up before, but i just thought of it at the moment.

Looking back at the \"50 years From Telelvision City\"  special, i noticed a number of Daytime Talk Shows, such as \"The Mike Douglas Show\" (78-80), and \"Dinah\" (74-78), and probably others, had these asterisks prodominately shown in the opening titles. The Mike Douglas opening zoomes out of the asterisk, and the Dinah one is large on the far left.

This is definately not a Goodson/Toddman logo, but could it be more of a CBS Daytime, or CBS Television City logo? I mean i can almost see it make sense on TPIR (i guess), but not on talk shows, unless thats what it is.

Anyway, thats my theory, and if its been brought up before, then sorry ;)

* hehe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 11:24:50 PM »
I think it was just a symbol of the swingin' 60's that everybody utilized to prove they had \"flower power.\"  My first apartment had them all over the shower door, and you could get stickers you could put next to your yellow or orange smiley face stickers. Dating Game had them too.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 01:08:42 AM »
i think it's just the asterisk in the Pricedown font, which is the official TPiR font.