Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/2  (Read 11494 times)

JMFabiano

Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/2
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 10:39:23 PM »
Well the Alan Thicke week continues on MG/HS...so I guess they AREN'T skipping episodes?  Unless the two in question are coming later. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Bryce L.

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »
...so I guess they AREN'T skipping episodes?  Unless the two in question are coming later.
The first skip comes between tonight's show (#067) and tomorrow's episode (#069). Next skip is between tomorrow and Monday night (#071).

JMFabiano

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
...so I guess they AREN'T skipping episodes?  Unless the two in question are coming later.
The first skip comes between tonight's show (#067) and tomorrow's episode (#069). Next skip is between tomorrow and Monday night (#071).

Aha.

Do we know why yet?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

snowpeck

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2020, 02:26:30 AM »

Aha.

Do we know why yet?

I can't imagine how anyone who isn't in the position of making that decision would know that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

catnap1972

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2020, 07:47:42 AM »

3/17 is an all-day marathon of big winners for St. Patrick's Day, and most of it is episodes they've recently skipped. It appears that's what that LMAD episode on that date is.

Thinking about it there's a bunch (LMAD) they've either skipped or haven't gotten around to.  I don't recall seeing the one where a woman ends up passing up three cars, supposedly there's one where Dean hosts part of the show and there's the final episode where Jay and Carol turn up.

tyshaun1

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2020, 09:04:05 AM »

Classic Concentration is starting to skip over entire weeks, but still, I'd estimate that Buzzr has already converted about 300 episodes. That was fast. (For comparison: Press Your Luck, which has been on the schedule since day one, just got to 300 during the last "new" cycle.)

I have noticed that the "Fremantle" logo at the end of the Classic Concentration shows has disappeared. Wonder if that has to do anything with the rate of them converting those shows over for air.

byrd62

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2020, 05:24:42 PM »
Or does it have anything to do with NBC/Universal/Comcast being the "intellectual property" owner of Concentration?

gamed121683

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »

Classic Concentration is starting to skip over entire weeks, but still, I'd estimate that Buzzr has already converted about 300 episodes. That was fast. (For comparison: Press Your Luck, which has been on the schedule since day one, just got to 300 during the last "new" cycle.)

I have noticed that the "Fremantle" logo at the end of the Classic Concentration shows has disappeared. Wonder if that has to do anything with the rate of them converting those shows over for air.

Even in the latest Split Second conversions, not only have they also done away with the Fremantle logo at the end, but they no longer fade out once the "Steel V" Vee-a-com logo comes up.

snowpeck

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2020, 11:41:05 PM »

The Fremantle logo has been gone from a lot of recently converted shows. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)