Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/2  (Read 11358 times)

calliaume

Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 3/2
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »
Also...this is the episode mentioned in TV Tropes

I like reading TV Tropes as much as anyone, but given it's a mix of unconfirmed "facts" and opinions, it can be taken with a grain of salt - at least Wikipedia has some form of checking on what's submitted. Here's an example from the MG/HS page:

No OSHA Compliance: Compared to every other run of Squares, the board was actually the least safe, considering the second and third rows would be wheeled in behind the Match Game panel.

There's virtually no chance anyone on the planet can confirm this - so why make such a statement?

JMFabiano

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 10:10:45 PM »
Forgive me if someone beat me to this, but we have a St. Patrick's Day marathon.  And among others, we're finally getting Norma Brown on Buzzr.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 11:22:07 PM »
Also...this is the episode mentioned in TV Tropes

I like reading TV Tropes as much as anyone, but given it's a mix of unconfirmed "facts" and opinions, it can be taken with a grain of salt - at least Wikipedia has some form of checking on what's submitted. Here's an example from the MG/HS page:

No OSHA Compliance: Compared to every other run of Squares, the board was actually the least safe, considering the second and third rows would be wheeled in behind the Match Game panel.

There's virtually no chance anyone on the planet can confirm this - so why make such a statement?

The Whoopi Squares were in 2 parts - the bottom 6 squares as one piece, and the top 3 as another. Perhaps the other runs worked that way as well. I'm sure our amateur inspector at TV Tropes would take issue with that.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

calliaume

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
I'm sure our amateur inspector at TV Tropes would take issue with that.
I'm about ready to start a TV Tropes Is Full of Crap thread somewhere. I found this today on the Match Game page:

Some of the more attractive female stars, including [Fannie] Flagg, also wore rather revealing clothing that was only just enough for modesty's sake.

Seriously?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 12:54:30 PM »
I'm about ready to start a TV Tropes Is Full of Crap thread somewhere. I found this today on the Match Game page:

Some of the more attractive female stars, including [Fannie] Flagg, also wore rather revealing clothing that was only just enough for modesty's sake.

Seriously?

That's impressive for typing with only the one hand.

/Fannie Flagg isn't gonna blow you, dude
//no, seriously
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
I'm about ready to start a TV Tropes Is Full of Crap thread somewhere.

I think it would get to be very full, very fast. On a quick visit to the page on Nickelodeon Double Dare, TV Tropes said that "The only ones on the show truly safe [from slapstick] seemed to be Robin and Dave." Dave, I can make a good case, but Robin was Marc's foil SO many times.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 02:13:12 PM »
The biggest gripe I ever had about TV Tropes was the tropes are usually really obscure or something that's not really as big of A Thing that they think it is.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »
You mean crap like this?
After ABC canceled the 1990 version, CBS initially offered to pick it up for a second season, and would have replaced Ray Combs' Family Feud with it. Though this was even indicated by Ross Shafer on the series' final episode, it ultimately never came to pass.

Ross Shafer said "another time, another channel, very shortly" (last episode is on YouTube) but never mentioned CBS. There's also a "fact" about MG being the last show to air at noon on ABC, which is wrong.

catnap1972

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 07:52:32 PM »
A little bit earlier but looks like TANLMAD cycles back to '85 episodes on the 28th

A dig through the schedule shows they resume 1986 episodes on 3/17 .  Still they've got to be getting close to the end of the run so why drag it out?

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
A little bit earlier but looks like TANLMAD cycles back to '85 episodes on the 28th

A dig through the schedule shows they resume 1986 episodes on 3/17 .  Still they've got to be getting close to the end of the run so why drag it out?

3/17 is an all-day marathon of big winners for St. Patrick's Day, and most of it is episodes they've recently skipped. It appears that's what that LMAD episode on that date is.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
I just noticed that Blockbusters gets more new-to-Buzzr episodes starting March 2. That makes me a happy boy.

Classic Concentration is starting to skip over entire weeks, but still, I'd estimate that Buzzr has already converted about 300 episodes. That was fast. (For comparison: Press Your Luck, which has been on the schedule since day one, just got to 300 during the last "new" cycle.)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 08:39:44 PM »
Have Match Game '77 episodes been regularly run on Buzzr before? Looks the 5PM-6PM ET hour will be jumping to that year on 3/16.

ivoryman1986

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 08:50:04 PM »
Super Password has been on the schedule since the Buzzr launch day too but still haven't gotten to episode #300(the guests on that episode were Nipsey Russell of Your Number's Up and Pat Sajak of Wheel of Fortune), in fact they still haven't gotten to the episode with a big $50,000 win from October 17, 1985.

snowpeck

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »
Have Match Game '77 episodes been regularly run on Buzzr before? Looks the 5PM-6PM ET hour will be jumping to that year on 3/16.

Yes. As far as I know, not counting revivals, '79 and the three syndicated seasons are the only years that haven't been on Buzzr's regular lineup at one point or another. That said, they have aired PM from that era.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

joshg

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 10:31:55 PM »

Classic Concentration is starting to skip over entire weeks, but still, I'd estimate that Buzzr has already converted about 300 episodes. That was fast. (For comparison: Press Your Luck, which has been on the schedule since day one, just got to 300 during the last "new" cycle.)

At least one week they skipped was "Summer Fun On Wheels" because they used different music (Tequila, Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop).

I figured we were close to the episodes I somehow saved/not taped over when the damn palm trees showed up  :D

I've been recording but not watching. Did they get to "Twins Week" yet?
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...