Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Record BUZZR Stream - Super Easy Way  (Read 7722 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Re: Record BUZZR Stream - Super Easy Way
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
Re: ads, this is going to sound antiquated but I still have a copy of Movie Maker that I bust out to do various things (mostly with PowerPoint videos)

Otherwise, maybe Handbrake?
This signature is currently under construction.

jalman

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
1) This is amazing. Biggest thank you!
2) Curious as to the easiest way to remove commercials from the recorded videos.  Not really wanting to hang on to 10-20 minutes of ads per video (plus would like to remove them from some others) and curious how y'all go about it
AviDemux? I use VideoRedo, but this looks like a free alternative.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
I use VideoPad Editor to remove the commercials.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 10:41:28 AM »
I use Adobe Premiere, but I realize that's not a cost-effective solution for most of you.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

nowhammies10

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 10:52:22 AM »
DaVinci Resolve is available free.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 10:53:43 AM »
I use Adobe Premiere, but I realize that's not a cost-effective solution for most of you.

When I've done it to this point, that's the direction I usually go, but I've found the export and encode to be a lengthier process than I'd like on a six year old Mac Mini - and if I were to do any sort of volume of recording, I really don't want to do that manually.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »
For archiving, I would think Handbrake would be the fastest option resulting in the smallest file, both on a PC and a Mac.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »
For archiving, I would think Handbrake would be the fastest option resulting in the smallest file, both on a PC and a Mac.
I've only really used it to convert or truncate a file. Is it able to easily delete multiple segments within a file?
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »
I've only really used it to convert or truncate a file. Is it able to easily delete multiple segments within a file?

No, what I'd do is edit your raw with something else, and then run that finished edited product through Handbrake to convert to h265 for archival. There is no reason for an edited half-hour show to take up 500MB.

(And that means when you're using VLC or whatever to capture the stream, THAT capture should be as uncompressed as possible (like the .ts Matt was working with) and should be what you edit down, save to the same uncompressed format, and then compress.)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 07:00:04 AM »
Are there limitations on how big the video can be?  I experimented by recording from 8:30 PM Eastern to about 6:30 PM Eastern, and got an 8 KB file with no video.  If it helps, I was recording to a 256 GB Micro SD card on a Surface.  I had no issues when I recorded Match Game 75, Sale of the Century, and The All New LMaD.  (FWIW, one contestant on Sale last night was Kyle Gass.  He went on to become the half of Tenacious D not named Jack Black.)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 11:32:27 AM »
Are there limitations on how big the video can be?  I experimented by recording from 8:30 PM Eastern to about 6:30 PM Eastern, and got an 8 KB file with no video.  If it helps, I was recording to a 256 GB Micro SD card on a Surface.  I had no issues when I recorded Match Game 75, Sale of the Century, and The All New LMaD.  (FWIW, one contestant on Sale last night was Kyle Gass.  He went on to become the half of Tenacious D not named Jack Black.)
For VLC? Pretty sure there's no limit; I leave it recording before I leave for work and return home to trim a 13GB file.
The 8KB file sounds like what happened when I accidentally downloaded the stream in another program. Maybe instead of opening and recording, it downloaded?

-Jamie

DYosua

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
Are there limitations on how big the video can be?  I experimented by recording from 8:30 PM Eastern to about 6:30 PM Eastern, and got an 8 KB file with no video.  If it helps, I was recording to a 256 GB Micro SD card on a Surface.

One thing to check is the File System of the SD card.  If it is FAT32, the largest single file size allowed is 4GB.  I don't know what VLC does when this limit is exceeded, but corrupting the recording is certainly a possibility.  If you aren't using the card in another setting that requires FAT32, reformatting the card to another format such as EXFAT will allow individual files larger than 4GB.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 01:20:16 PM »
For VLC? Pretty sure there's no limit; I leave it recording before I leave for work and return home to trim a 13GB file.
The 8KB file sounds like what happened when I accidentally downloaded the stream in another program. Maybe instead of opening and recording, it downloaded?
It acted like it recorded; when I stopped the recording, I got a brief black screen like I did when I did the two previous recordings.  I will try a format like DYosua mentioned.  I am sure it is formatted as FAT32.  If worse meets worst, I can save the video on my desktop, though that fills up quite fast on a machine with just 128 GB of built in HD space.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »
A possibility is that the interface for the SD card simply can't transfer data fast enough from the computer to the SD card.  With a video stream, there's a LOT of data all at once.

clemon79

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »
A possibility is that the interface for the SD card simply can't transfer data fast enough from the computer to the SD card.  With a video stream, there's a LOT of data all at once.

Yeah, at the minimum you'd want one of those U3 / v30 rated cards (Costco sells a Sandisk 128GB one that is excellent in my GPi) and the writer would need to be able to take advantage of it (get that weak-ass USB2.0 ish out of here)...