The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Record BUZZR Stream - Super Easy Way

<< < (6/7) > >>

Blanquepage:

--- Quote from: MikeK on February 11, 2020, 07:00:04 AM ---Are there limitations on how big the video can be?  I experimented by recording from 8:30 PM Eastern to about 6:30 PM Eastern, and got an 8 KB file with no video.  If it helps, I was recording to a 256 GB Micro SD card on a Surface.  I had no issues when I recorded Match Game 75, Sale of the Century, and The All New LMaD.  (FWIW, one contestant on Sale last night was Kyle Gass.  He went on to become the half of Tenacious D not named Jack Black.)

--- End quote ---
For VLC? Pretty sure there's no limit; I leave it recording before I leave for work and return home to trim a 13GB file.
The 8KB file sounds like what happened when I accidentally downloaded the stream in another program. Maybe instead of opening and recording, it downloaded?

-Jamie

DYosua:

--- Quote from: MikeK on February 11, 2020, 07:00:04 AM ---Are there limitations on how big the video can be?  I experimented by recording from 8:30 PM Eastern to about 6:30 PM Eastern, and got an 8 KB file with no video.  If it helps, I was recording to a 256 GB Micro SD card on a Surface.
--- End quote ---

One thing to check is the File System of the SD card.  If it is FAT32, the largest single file size allowed is 4GB.  I don't know what VLC does when this limit is exceeded, but corrupting the recording is certainly a possibility.  If you aren't using the card in another setting that requires FAT32, reformatting the card to another format such as EXFAT will allow individual files larger than 4GB.

MikeK:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on February 11, 2020, 11:32:27 AM ---For VLC? Pretty sure there's no limit; I leave it recording before I leave for work and return home to trim a 13GB file.
The 8KB file sounds like what happened when I accidentally downloaded the stream in another program. Maybe instead of opening and recording, it downloaded?
--- End quote ---
It acted like it recorded; when I stopped the recording, I got a brief black screen like I did when I did the two previous recordings.  I will try a format like DYosua mentioned.  I am sure it is formatted as FAT32.  If worse meets worst, I can save the video on my desktop, though that fills up quite fast on a machine with just 128 GB of built in HD space.

knagl:
A possibility is that the interface for the SD card simply can't transfer data fast enough from the computer to the SD card.  With a video stream, there's a LOT of data all at once.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: knagl on February 11, 2020, 02:33:45 PM ---A possibility is that the interface for the SD card simply can't transfer data fast enough from the computer to the SD card.  With a video stream, there's a LOT of data all at once.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, at the minimum you'd want one of those U3 / v30 rated cards (Costco sells a Sandisk 128GB one that is excellent in my GPi) and the writer would need to be able to take advantage of it (get that weak-ass USB2.0 ish out of here)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version