The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Record BUZZR Stream - Super Easy Way

(1/7) > >>

Blanquepage:
This should alleviate any further need for collectors to rely on Youtube uploads before they get zapped by Fremantle:

1) Download VLC Media Player at https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html and open
2) Click Media --> Open Network Stream --> enter this link into field: https://buzzr.global.ssl.fastly.net/out/u/buzzr_hls.m3u8
3) Click Record button at the bottom OR Playback in top ribbon, and then select Record
4) Download a program like MP4Splitter to split out episodes from the recorded stream

That's it. The stream is recorded in real time in spectacular quality.
I'd recommend purchasing a dedicated external harddrive as each trimmed 30-minute episode measures about 500MB-600MB.

EDIT: Seriously, do this now, nighttime Tattletales will be on before we know it  ;)

tvmitch:
Said it on FB, will say it again here - thanks for this walkthrough.

Instructions differ a bit for the Mac. The process starts at "Advanced Open File..." under the File menu. Then click Network, and paste the URL. The rest of the process is the same.

For me, on the Mac, the stream is then saved in the Playlist view for easy double-clicking later.

Now, if there would be a good way to automate this process on a spare PC in case I forget...

Matt Ottinger:
I might need a little help, because the file I recorded is not something I'd consider acceptable.

For one thing, what I have is a .ts file.  If there's a way to record an mp4 file, that might be all I need, but I didn't immediately see a setting for that in my VLC player.  The file I have plays back somewhat choppily, and refuses to cooperate when I try to dump it into Adobe Premiere.  The video and audio are out of sync in a way that's too complicated to correct.

Any ideas?

Blanquepage:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on February 09, 2020, 07:30:45 PM ---I might need a little help, because the file I recorded is not something I'd consider acceptable.

For one thing, what I have is a .ts file.  If there's a way to record an mp4 file, that might be all I need, but I didn't immediately see a setting for that in my VLC player.  The file I have plays back somewhat choppily, and refuses to cooperate when I try to dump it into Adobe Premiere.  The video and audio are out of sync in a way that's too complicated to correct.

Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Oh dear. Perhaps your codec is the issue; in Open Network Stream, there's a Capture Device tab. DirectShow is the one currently working for me, is yours set to the same?
I didn't even know it would record in a .ts format. I'm using version 3.0.7.1 and it's coming out in MP4.

Matt Ottinger:
Old dog, new tricks.  It looks like it might be something as simple as not having the most up-to-date version.  I updated, and I'm recording [most of] Tattletales right now.  We'll see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version