Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bzzz question  (Read 1711 times)

whewfan

Bzzz question
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »
It had been a number of years since I've seen Bzzz. I can't say it's something I watched a lot, but re-watching a segment from one of the shows, I wondered, the couple that ended up losing, yes they don't win a date, but if they wanted to, could they go out anyway? I realize it's a silly question, but I am curious if any of the losing couples went out somewhere anyway, and if any of these couples ended up having a successful relationship.

SamJ93

Re: Bzzz question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »
Nope, the producers hired private detectives and sought restraining orders to ensure that the losers could never even speak to each other ever again.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
Nope, the producers hired private detectives and sought restraining orders to ensure that the losers could never even speak to each other ever again.
Thank you, Sam, for saying this more cleverly and directly than I would have.

For other context (and please Buzzr don't option this), the grand prize on "Studs" was $250. The producers basically said to the principals: We don't care if you ever see each other again. I presume that losers on the Dating Game could pair up and commiserate, as well as those from Singled Out and the rest as well.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 06:39:30 PM »
I'm guessing that the show was like any other game show, dating, trivia, or whatever, where contestants probably crossed paths before or after tapings. With a show like this, I wouldn't at all be surprised.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »
Query--if any of us had made it to the final round and survived the gauntlet of eliminations and inquisitioning only to find out that the Picker had chosen a rollerblading packager, or gym membership, would you be all that excited if they suddenly came down with a case of regerts and asked you out? I would probably have a pass.
Travis L. Eberle