Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Different shows, shared contestants...  (Read 1042 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Different shows, shared contestants...
« on: February 07, 2020, 07:22:16 PM »
So a point was raised in the "was that the same contestant" thread  about how some of the folks who've been on multiple shows sort of fit a specific niche. And I do agree. Here's the point in case you missed it and don't want to click back.

Quote from: TLEberle
Just thinking about Sale winners who pulled down $150k and $140k that made their way over to the $25,000 or $100,000 Pyramid it stands to reason that bright and expressive contestants will be bright and expressive on another show--Sale of the Century is about being engaged with the world around you and so is Pyramid and neither show is really a deep dive like Double Dare or Jeopardy

But then I got to thinking about contestants who made appearances and did well on shows that were totally different beasts. Such as Mark Leinwand, who won big on Tic Tac Dough and Jeopardy (two pretty straightforward tests of knowledge) but also on Press Your Luck (which is not). Or Jason Block, with his appearances on Millionaire and Jeopardy cobbled with his Wheel appearance. And so on and so forth.

So my question to the gallery is this: for those who did make appearances on multiple shows that you can remember, would you think they were stronger in any one over the other(s)? And for those of us here who can speak from experience, how different was the experience from show to show?

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022