The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Was that the same contestant?

(1/2) > >>

Clay Zambo:
I had Buzzr on in the background while making dinner tonight and caught just the end of Sale, as Jim awarded trip tickets to the day’s champion, a woman named Chu-chu (sic). I thought, “Gee, that’s an unusual name—hey, wasn’t that the name of the woman who won yesterday’s Password Plus?” So I came back at 8 for PP, and sure enough, she was there.

I know it’s not unusual for contestants to appear on multiple games, but it seemed like an odd coincidence for Buzzr to run both appearances on the same day.

Sodboy13:
I know Leland Yang shows up early in the run of Password Plus, about a year or two before he racked up $120,000 from the same network and same production company on Blockbusters.

PYLdude:
EDIT: wow my original post came off a lot more heavyhanded than at first glance. Wasn't my intent to jump on Sodboy like that. Mea culpa.

Maybe I should've said it like this: "Are there any other times this happened? Just coincidental scheduling of someone's multiple spots, not how many have had them because we would be here for years?" Might not be any better but...

MikeK:
About 20 years ago on GSN, the same contestant was on Match Game '7X and The $100,000 Pyramid on not just the same day, but on consecutive half hours.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: MikeK on February 05, 2020, 06:46:17 AM ---About 20 years ago on GSN, the same contestant was on Match Game '7X and The $100,000 Pyramid on not just the same day, but on consecutive half hours.

--- End quote ---

So we do think this is just an odd coincidence, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version