The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

80's Card Sharks - Ineligibility

(1/4) > >>

JakeT:

Anyone know why the current champ Frank on the episodes BUZZR is showing was deemed ineligible and forfeited his winnings?

JakeT

BrandonFG:
Outside of a thread from a little more than three years ago, I haven't seen too much about this. I'm curious myself.

Matt Ottinger:
Without a lot to go on, let's guess!  It would strike me that the most likely reason to be found ineligible after the fact was that he lied on his application and they didn't catch it right away.  Maybe he worked for a CBS affiliate, or maybe he had been on another game show within whatever time frame CBS dictated.

The thing I don't understand all these years later is why they went to the extra effort of bringing attention to it.  Just don't pay the guy.  Did he piss somebody off so much that they wanted to embarrass him over it?

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on January 30, 2020, 11:42:20 AM ---The thing I don't understand all these years later is why they went to the extra effort of bringing attention to it.  Just don't pay the guy.  Did he piss somebody off so much that they wanted to embarrass him over it?

--- End quote ---
Considering that Frank's final episode ended with them starting a new match, it would've looked weird to come back on Monday morning with a new guy behind the red podium with zero explanation.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on January 30, 2020, 11:54:22 AM ---Considering that Frank's final episode ended with them starting a new match, it would've looked weird to come back on Monday morning with a new guy behind the red podium with zero explanation.
--- End quote ---

I'm actually referring to the comments made in the older thread that said Gene Wood made a special announcement over the end credits of a previous episode.  Yeah, if you're going to throw the guy out, a quick mention at the top of the show is all you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version