Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leslie Jones leaves SNL to go racing down the aisles  (Read 6064 times)

johnnya2k3

Re: Leslie Jones leaves SNL to go racing down the aisles
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:27 PM »
And it's going to be quite a homecoming for Supermarket Sweep on ABC, having aired the OG version in the mid-1960's.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 02:08:13 AM »
And it's going to be quite a homecoming for Supermarket Sweep on ABC, having aired the OG version in the mid-1960's.

Which I guarantee you will not come up one time.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »

Definitely not. Just another case of John flexing his "look what I know!" muscles which impresses absolutely no one because

a) it's tiring and repetitive
and
b) it's things most people here know anyway.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »

Considering Frenantle had contestants from prior versions on Press Your Luck,  Card Sharks, To Tell the Truth, and Match Game, last summer it is actually possible.

No I do not expect an 80 year old contestant even with a partner,  but if some one returns from Lifetime or PAX versions the ABC version would probably get a mention.  But now I can't get the thought of an 80 year old in an electric cart running the sweep out of my head.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 10:32:24 AM »
But now I can't get the thought of an 80 year old in an electric cart running the sweep out of my head.
I'm buying this as long as this is not an actual player, but as an impediment like the Frankenstein monster roaming the aisles very early on in the Lifetime run.

chrisholland03

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 10:39:30 AM »
On a tangent, UK Top Gear did a Supermarket Sweep segment that I found fairly entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1e0f4dM908

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 07:23:51 AM »

Considering Frenantle had contestants from prior versions on Press Your Luck,  Card Sharks, To Tell the Truth, and Match Game, last summer it is actually possible.

No I do not expect an 80 year old contestant even with a partner,  but if some one returns from Lifetime or PAX versions the ABC version would probably get a mention.  But now I can't get the thought of an 80 year old in an electric cart running the sweep out of my head.

That's a little different. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a former contestant or two, but John's acting like they're going to ever bring up their original ABC run.

That being said, if there's a desire to add an element to the game that reflects grocery stores in 2020, I'd have to think it's online grocery ordering. Maybe you've got to collect all of your team's color coded bags from the pickup station for a cash bonus?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Big Brain

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 08:26:21 AM »
Something, um, bizarre: www.supermarketsweep.com redirects you to.....Walmart.com

calliaume

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 08:28:56 PM »
Something, um, bizarre: www.supermarketsweep.com redirects you to.....Walmart.com
Still the same nearly a month later. I've seen a couple of posts for casting on Facebook, but that site is not the site above - nor does the link work properly.

Could be worse - I had a thought of the first thing Leslie Jones saying on the premiere is: "As you know, Supermarket Sweep is a game of definitions."

tvmitch

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
I'm hoping they'll do it as a "two full games in one hour" format and not the way they stretched it out to an hour in the UK recently...it really didn't work for me.
I caught an episode of the UK version this weekend and it is sooooo tedious. The host is decent and the set is nice (tiny), but too much front-end and not enough Sweep.
You should follow me on Twitter