Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jimmy Kimmel to host "Millionaire" 20th anniversary edition w/celebs  (Read 8767 times)

colonial

Re: Jimmy Kimmel to host "Millionaire" 20th anniversary edition w/celebs
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Per BuzzerBlog, an update on how these episodes will work.

-- There are three lifelines -- 50/50, PAF and Ask the Host (no studio audience due to COVID-19)
-- Each celebrity will have an "Expert" sitting behind them to help on the first 10 questions. If they have at least one lifeline remaining on Level 3 (Questions 11-15), they can trade it in to get assistance from their Expert one final time.

Celebrities playing are …

Eric Stonestreet
Will Forte
Kaitlin Olson
Lauren Lapkus
Nikki Glaser
Ike Barinholtz
Dr. Phil McGraw
Catherine O'Hara
Anthony Anderson

Per BB … O'Hara's expert is Brad Rutter. Also, the live play-along app is still planned.

JD

jcs290

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 11:22:37 AM »
The no-audience thing may actually help the Celebrity Millionaire format.  One of the many annoying things about Regis' editions was how the first 10 questions were essentially throwaways with the other celebs "humorously" whispering hints to the Hot Seat player.

Neumms

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 02:37:29 PM »
Catherine O'Hara! What a booking!

Even better if she plays her character from SCTV's High Q, although multiple choice may help her.

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Even better if she plays her character from SCTV's High Q, although multiple choice may help her.

"Backseat driving?"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:17 PM »
Catherine O'Hara! What a booking!

If she doesn't come on as Moira Rose, I riot.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 11:26:23 PM »
If she doesn't come on as Moira Rose, I riot.

Off the main topic, but have you heard Conan O'Brien's podcast with her and Eugene Levy? It's great. She gets into how the Moira accent (accent?) came to be.

TimK2003

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 05:36:34 PM »
Just saw a promo for the show showing brief clips of the actual eps with the celebs in the chair.  Already looking surreal without the audience in the stands.

Stackertosh

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 05:58:47 AM »
I watch some of the Turkish Version of Millionaire and they don't have an audience. The studio is very quiet.

BillCullen1

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »
20⅔th Anniversary?

A bit sad that Chris Harrison wasn't invited back to host, but I'm sure Jimmy will do fine.

...or the OG Regis, for that matter. However, I concur Kimmel will do it justice.

Speaking of Regis, he was on the "Secrets & Surprises" preview on ABC Monday night (4/6). He has all white hair but he looks pretty good. He and Jimmy chatted on the Millionaire set. They also had clips of all the other hosts. Meredith, Cedric, Terry and Chris.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »

Speaking of Regis, he was on the "Secrets & Surprises" preview on ABC Monday night (4/6). He has all white hair but he looks pretty good. He and Jimmy chatted on the Millionaire set. They also had clips of all the other hosts. Meredith, Cedric, Terry and Chris.

Watched that special last night. Meredith and Chris were both interviewed, but Meredith's interview never appears on screen - you just hear her voice a few times. Chris did appear on screen a few times outside clips, at what appeared to be his house. Cedric and Terry appeared only via clips. Alex Trebek also appeared at one point from the set of Jeopardy to wish the best to another iconic quiz show.

That said, the vast majority of the special consisted of clips, and the vast majority of those clips were pretty clearly sourced from GSN reruns or YouTube videos, frequently in less-than-ideal video quality.

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 05:41:43 PM »
Here's a promo. The new set looks slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy2txPzhqzM
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 12:50:07 AM »
Regis sounded pretty disconnected during the special, like he was only half there.

Stackertosh

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 07:03:39 AM »
Regis sounded pretty disconnected during the special, like he was only half there.

I am glad im not the only one who noticed it . I know Regis is up there in age he's usually hyper and has a story to tell.

BillCullen1

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
Millionaire moves to Thursdays a 8pm Eastern starting this week (4/30). Tonight (4/29), they are repeating the first three episodes back to back.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 06:17:19 PM »
ABC just renewed for a second season, no word if celebrities  or not.