Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Naturally Stoned quest for Knudsen's Cottage Chees  (Read 21208 times)

Ghastly_Gary

Naturally Stoned quest for Knudsen's Cottage Chees
« on: June 29, 2003, 10:08:17 PM »
I'm assuming that the unnamed warehouse club which Chuck shopped at is Costco.  Is that correct?  Kraft makes Knudsen's cottage cheese, but Knudsen does not have its own web site so whoever wants Knudsen's would have to E-mail Kraft to find out who sells it.  My brand weakness is for Philips products, especially their kitchen appliances.  Thank goodness Target sells them, otherwise I would have to go to Canada to get a new toaster if needed.

Jumpondees

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 10:27:53 PM »
Well...All I have to say is, if Chuck hasn't gotten the management at this \"bulk-item\" store, that looks alot like Costco, to get his Knudsen's cottage cheese back in stock after his shopping experience....I'm sure they will sure get it back after tonight's episode!! :-)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 11:22:28 PM »
I could have sworn that they were referring to \"Costco\" by name in earlier episodes.  I'm virtually certain it was identified by name in some of the promotional materials (which I have around here somewhere).  A cute gag to identify it generically, but I wonder if it was truly for any sort of legal reason.  They didn't have any problem showing the brand names of the products.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 02:58:12 AM »
Am I the only one who finds Chucks's frugality almost comical ? I mean, this guy is a flippin' multi-millionaire and yet he still shops at a Bulk-Rate Warehouse ! Geez, you'd think he'd just call Kraft and tell him he's Chuck Woolery and he wants some Knudsen's Cottage Cheese. I am really getting more facinated by this guy, GSN has finally done something really cool for a change.

The melodramatic \"Legality Warning\" got really tiring after the 1,000th time in a span of 5 mins. The nasily narriator is the only thing that is keeping me from giving the show 5 stars.

The more I see the rap video, the more ashamed I was for Chuck. Now whenever I pop in my copy of the WOF \"Swedist Girl\" ep. I now picture the host as \"Chuck W commin' at you in 2n2 ! Slicky Freeky Cheeky... \"

It could be worse, imagine a rap video with Jim Lange !
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 06:23:31 AM »
From Tvgameshows.net:

\"Woolery did not like a sample of a brand of cottage cheese in the store and opted not to withheld his opinion. He wanted Nuisance brand.\"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 06:24:00 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

whewfan

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 09:30:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure the employee's faces were blurred (although not very well, you could easily make out the faces) because they couldn't just conceal the nametag with the brand name of the store. I think it was Chuck's disdain that they no longer carried his brand of cottage cheese that made them conceal the name of the store. They don't want the public to know what they DON'T have. Also, I think the cottage cheese that Chuck tried was covered up simply because he didn't like it.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 09:44:24 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 30 2003, 05:23 AM\'] From Tvgameshows.net:

"Woolery did not like a sample of a brand of cottage cheese in the store and opted not to withheld his opinion. He wanted Nuisance brand." [/quote]
 Either Steve doesn't watch Supermarket Sweep or he doesn't have closed captioning.  Anyway, my take on why CW shops at [bulk-item store] is either: 1) Despite his status as a game show icon, he still looks for bargains like everyone else.  Hey, even if you had $2M, you could buy more cat food at $2.84 a pop than at $4.09.  2) It was suggested by a staffer.  We all know reality shows are not 100% unscripted.  99.44% maybe...

Mr. Boden, do you have Al Howard's pager number? :-)

beatlefreak84

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 11:30:59 AM »
I think it was Chuck's disdain that they no longer carried his brand of cottage cheese that made them conceal the name of the store. They don't want the public to know what they DON'T have. Also, I think the cottage cheese that Chuck tried was covered up simply because he didn't like it.

Yep; your reason had to be why this episode was so weird.  In the first episode, Chuck refers to CostCo by name (and, in case you didn't figure it out, he was at CostCo).  However, I really think that, if they're going to show footage of Chuck in a store, they should really make sure they can air some of these products; it gets really weird when half the screen is blurred!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 12:20:52 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jun 29 2003, 11:58 PM\'] Am I the only one who finds Chucks's frugality almost comical ? I mean, this guy is a flippin' multi-millionaire and yet he still shops at a Bulk-Rate Warehouse !  
 [/quote]
 Guess how you get to BECOME a multi-millionaire? It sure as hell isn't by making a special order from the distributor every time you want a carton of cottage cheese.

I can afford not to shop at Costco. But I do, 'cuz then it saves me money that I  can spend on OTHER things. (Of course, those Other Things are usually DVD's...at Costco.... :))

Geez, you'd think he'd just call Kraft and tell him he's Chuck Woolery and he wants some Knudsen's Cottage Cheese.

I would like to hope his ego isn't that inflated. I don't get that impression, anyhow.

The more I see the rap video, the more ashamed I was for Chuck.

Don't see why. I think it's pretty funny. I imagine he does too, or it probably wouldn't be airing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ghastly_Gary

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 12:35:38 PM »
I just mentioned this thread in a Yahoo! discussion board about Costco.  Check it out at...

http://messages.yahoo.com/?action=q&board=COST

I'm letting you know just in case someone from the Costco message board wants to join this board.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 12:46:22 PM »
I'm letting you know just in case someone from the Costco message board wants to join this board.
If they do, are we required to discount their membership?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 03:57:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jun 30 2003, 09:46 AM\'] If they do, are we required to discount their membership? [/quote]
 One wonders if they only post really long messages once a week. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mandelweb

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 05:40:58 PM »
I'm assuming that the unnamed warehouse club which Chuck shopped at is Costco.  Is that correct?

I believe it is Costco and from what I saw in the episode, it looks like the one I've been to in Burbank, just down the street from the studios where \"Lingo\" tapes.

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com

davemackey

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 05:55:06 PM »
I believe it is Costco and from what I saw in the episode, it looks like the one I've been to in Burbank, just down the street from the studios where \"Lingo\" tapes.

If you didn't see the other thread, it is indeed Costco. I am a member of Costco and the store looks exactly like the new Costco that was recently opened in Ocean Township, NJ.

The one I regularly shop at harkens back to the days when they were known as Price Club and is a little worse for wear.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2003, 08:40:04 PM »
Here's what I was told by someone in a position to know:

\"Stoned couldn’t get a proper location release for Costco, so it’s not so much the issue of clearing the brand name, but rather identifying the location.\"  That, according to this source, is the reason why Costco had been mentioned by name in earlier shows, as well as why they didn't have a problem identifying other brand names.

BTW, out here in the great midwest, we don't have Costcos.  Our bulk discounters are Sam's Clubs, an offshoot of Wal-Mart.