Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cool TPiR graphic on SNF  (Read 4982 times)

BrandonFG

Cool TPiR graphic on SNF
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:55:10 PM »
I haven't been able to find a linkable video, but tonight's Sunday Night Football matchup had a cool TPiR-style graphic about Marshawn Lynch's career stats. The clip also included the Starcrossed cue in the background. Here's some screenshots.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: Cool TPiR graphic on SNF
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:49 AM »
I posted it on Twitter. I was floored. Bravo to the game show fan who's been watching the show recently and picked out the music.

https://twitter.com/jjman920/status/1211489511760388098
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »
Thanks for posting that. I had other things going on & missed the game tonight, so that was pretty cool to see.

Besides just the creativity in the production department, someone in clearances also likely had to know their way around game shows to get that music clip, especially since this wasn’t a CBS game. Sounds like there are must be a few GS fans working for SNF.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 12:59:12 AM »
I assume several saw the LMAD graphics and doors on the Saturday night game?

Clearly someone working these NFL games is a big gameshow fan!

Robair

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
Thanks for posting that. I had other things going on & missed the game tonight, so that was pretty cool to see.

Besides just the creativity in the production department, someone in clearances also likely had to know their way around game shows to get that music clip, especially since this wasn’t a CBS game. Sounds like there are must be a few GS fans working for SNF.
Remember now that NBC had a great healthy relationship with Score Productions from the late 70's onwards. The very first episode of SportsWorld, hosted by Dick Enberg, used that same music during its show rundown. Many episodes used versions of Score cuts like "Rye Bred", "Big Banana", and "Tickler", among others.
--Robair

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 06:51:35 PM »
I assume several saw the LMAD graphics and doors on the Saturday night
I was too busy pouting.  Does anyone have a link?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gamed121683

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 02:28:21 PM »

Remember now that NBC had a great healthy relationship with Score Productions from the late 70's onwards. The very first episode of SportsWorld, hosted by Dick Enberg, used that same music during its show rundown. Many episodes used versions of Score cuts like "Rye Bred", "Big Banana", and "Tickler", among others.

Indeed! Don’t know if it’s still on YouTube, but there’s an old SportsWorld promo that used “The Bean Stalker” as the background music. It’s possible the graphics department found the tune in the network’s archives, thought “Hey, isn’t the prize music from ‘The Price Is Right”?”, and ran with it.

Otm Shank

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 10:18:00 PM »

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 08:13:48 AM »
Bumped, because they did it again.

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/1330711527482068993

Definite game show fan at NBC. Bonus points for including the part you never hear on TPiR.

brianhenke

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 09:29:29 PM »
  Too bad they didn't use Hans...

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 10:27:22 PM »
1) That kinda ruins the gag they’re going for.
2) It might be an IP issue.

/The second one can be corrected by drinking more water
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »

Whoosh.

WhammyPower

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 10:51:06 AM »
Why use Hans Yodely Guy when they could just get Cam Newton?

TimK2003

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:13 PM »
The game-show lovers on SNF struck again early in the second quarter:

When comparing the 5 QB's that were drafted in 2020, under a Jeopardy-esque theme and "standing behind" Jeopardy-esque lecterns, the Family Feud Face-off buzzer was used to highlight the QBs on certain stats.

And 28-0 Browns after only 1 quarter?!?!?