Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Buzzr Getting Edit-Happy?  (Read 2525 times)

TimK2003

Is Buzzr Getting Edit-Happy?
« on: December 22, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »
Watched a few Match Game '76 episodes with the newer Fremantle logos on Buzzr over the last few days and one thing caught my attention:

I know on some of the newer-to-Buzzr episodes of many of their shows (in addition to Match Game) that they are cutting out many of the promotional considerations seen at the end of the shows in order to make more time.for.commercials. 

But at least on a few of the Match Games, I've seem to noticed that Johnny O's closing spiel of "Stay Tuned for Tattletales/Love of Life/Secret Storm/Musical Chairs over most of these CBS Stations"  is being cut out as you can hear an obvious cut in the closing theme.

Has it been that necessary for Buzzr to shave 5 seconds off the show close?  Or was this done as a result of a last minute schedule change back in the day?

JMFabiano

Re: Is Buzzr Getting Edit-Happy?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
My guess is it's simply one of those "we wanna insure that no one's so stupid they'll believe/do THIS" tactics, not unlike cutting out ticket or contestant plugs.  Here, they are reinforcing that [whatever show] is NOT coming up next. 

The fee plugs have disappeared from many newer prints of Buzzr shows.  A while back they did ask how we'd accept credit crunches, and that went over as well as you'd think.  So I guess they needed more ad time, and thus here we are now.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:01:53 AM »
Did Match Game do summer reruns? I've assumed that those clunky music edits were present on the master tapes, back when some editor in the '70s had to remove the promo for a show that was no longer on CBS's schedule.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
Did Match Game do summer reruns? I've assumed that those clunky music edits were present on the master tapes, back when some editor in the '70s had to remove the promo for a show that was no longer on CBS's schedule.

No--they were in production all year.  These are definitely Buzzr edits.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)