Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Legends of the Hidden Temple" revival in the works  (Read 2709 times)

SamJ93

"Legends of the Hidden Temple" revival in the works
« on: December 16, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
Via Buzzfeed and thus written in their own annoying style, but it does appear to be legit. It's slated to premiere on the new Quibi streaming service, which itself is slated to launch in April 2020--and while I had never heard of it before now, it does appear to have some pretty big names behind it, including former DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: "Legends of the Hidden Temple" revival in the works
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:11:50 PM »
This is wonderful news--an entirely new generation will learn the difficulty and futility of attempting to assemble the silver monkey.
Travis L. Eberle

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
an entirely new generation will learn the difficulty and futility of attempting to assemble the silver monkey.
No, I'm pretty sure the contestants would mostly be the same folks who would've been eligible last time.

jage

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »
Quibi's strategy seems to be shorter-form content, so will be interested to see how/if a 30 minute show with commercials gets adapted to a 10-minute format or whatever they're aiming at.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 09:17:01 PM »
an entirely new generation will learn the difficulty and futility of attempting to assemble the silver monkey.
No, I'm pretty sure the contestants would mostly be the same folks who would've been eligible last time.

Sa-wing and a miss.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022