Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yahtzee production details?  (Read 7895 times)

JakeT

Re: Yahtzee production details?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 06:38:33 PM »
In Dallas, it aired at 10AM on KXAS, channel 5, unexpectedly taking over the timeslot from the Wink "High Rollers", which preempted "Wheel Of Fortune"...I seem to recall "High Rollers" returning once "Yahtzee" was yanked...

Did a little research here too.......Your memory would be correct, except it looks like they aired WoF at 11:30 a.m. instead...Guess they weren't Scrabble fans there!

And "High Rollers" did indeed return once Yahtzee was yanked...

Ahhhhhhhh, yes...a bit clearer now...

KXAS was notorious for not clearing many NBC game shows over the years...

JakeT

whewfan

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 07:23:44 PM »
Add WTHR in Indianapolis, at 7:30 p.m. to the list.

The theme music kind of smacks of Crosswits86.

The Yahtzee theme, I think, was bouncier than the Crosswits 86 theme, and catchier. In fact I always thought the theme music was the best part of the show. Crosswits 86's theme sounds more generic.

mmb5

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
Some first-hand knowledge on one of the YT comments of the one episode floating around:

Thanks for posting this! This was just before I took over as the announcer for this show. Larry Hovis had left, and I was doing a morning radio show in Atlantic City at the time. We did the show at the Showboat, and in the middle of the night without a live audience. We only did a few shows, and then it was over. A great memory of my days in AC!

Guy's name is Mark Reynolds.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
Some first-hand knowledge on one of the YT comments of the one episode floating around:

Thanks for posting this! This was just before I took over as the announcer for this show. Larry Hovis had left, and I was doing a morning radio show in Atlantic City at the time. We did the show at the Showboat, and in the middle of the night without a live audience. We only did a few shows, and then it was over. A great memory of my days in AC!

Hmm...so wait, had he just left as announcer before the whole arrest kerfuffle?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

RMF

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 08:12:16 PM »

This does fit with recollections that there were episodes announced by someone other than Hovis

tvmitch

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2019, 06:44:40 AM »

This all sounds so shady. If no one else, wouldn't Peter Marshall's spidey-senses have sensed something was sideways here?
You should follow me on Twitter

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:05 AM »
From the stories around MGHSH and Reel To Reel, it would seem that Pete’s business acumen wasn’t his strongest suit.
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »
From the stories around MGHSH and Reel To Reel, it would seem that Pete’s business acumen wasn’t his strongest suit.

<like>
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Neumms

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
That said, Pete did get a better salary than Gene Rayburn.