Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC summer fun & games  (Read 3371 times)

Chuck Sutton

ABC summer fun & games
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:52:35 PM »
ABC renewed all 6 summer game shows.

With To Tell the Truth now extending to the 20s and in every decade from the 50s,  I bet buzzr does a Sunday for Truth through the decades.

jage

Re: ABC summer fun & games
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised for Buzzr to do a block of the modern ABC shows, especially those that have enough episodes, on a Saturday or Sunday night. Perhaps contracts preclude this from happening.

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »
Interestingly enough, GameTV here in Canada currently airs the current primetime line up of Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, Celeb FF and Match Game.  They normally air on various Canadian broadcast networks.

R.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:23:12 PM »
ABC renewed all 6 summer game shows.

Ah, there's good news tonight. Coincidentally, we get this news on Joel McHale's birthday (11/20) and tomorrow (11/21) it's Michael Strahan's birthday.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
Bumping this for premiere dates:

Thursday - May 21st 📺
10:00 - 11:00 pm. To Tell The Truth

Sunday - May 31st 📺
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Celebrity Family Feud
9:00 - 10:00 p.m. Press Your Luck
10:00 - 11:00 p.m. Match Game

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
Bumping this for premiere dates:

Thursday - May 21st 📺
10:00 - 11:00 pm. To Tell The Truth

Sunday - May 31st 📺
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Celebrity Family Feud
9:00 - 10:00 p.m. Press Your Luck
10:00 - 11:00 p.m. Match Game
So with this, TTTT and MG officially join the eight- and seven-decade clubs, respectively. That is, if you count the one-time Game Show Marathon episode from 2006.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »
Guess they're just having to make do with what's already in the can. I know they didn't even get started with Pyramid's season. Does anyone know if Card Sharks started taping? I know they didn't finish.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

tyshaun1

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »
Does anyone know if Card Sharks started taping? I know they didn't finish.

Nope, never started. In other news...... did "Don't" go that bad?

DoItRockapella

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Two more notes:

• Beginning April 30, WWTBAM moves from Wednesdays at 10PM to Thursdays at 8PM.
  • Holey Moley returns Thursday, May 21 at 9PM, right before To Tell The Truth.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/abc-premiere-dates-summer-fun-games-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-1202908224/

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »
Guess they're just having to make do with what's already in the can. I know they didn't even get started with Pyramid's season.

Pyramid was supposed to tape in April. Obviously that was scrapped. Looks like Supermarket Sweep didn't get a chance to tape any shows either.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »

We can't get Pyramid or Card Sharks, but THIS they got to in time?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 07:25:49 PM »
Guess they're just having to make do with what's already in the can. I know they didn't even get started with Pyramid's season.

Pyramid was supposed to tape in April. Obviously that was scrapped. Looks like Supermarket Sweep didn't get a chance to tape any shows either.

And I applied for the former.  Had the Skype interview too just before this all got really bad.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

bulldog_06

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 07:29:30 PM »

Surprising that Pyramid didn't get taped, which leads to why Press Your Luck took its Sunday night time slot. I hope that comes back. That was a staple in that Sunday lineup.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:55 PM »

Surprising that Pyramid didn't get taped, which leads to why Press Your Luck took its Sunday night time slot. I hope that comes back. That was a staple in that Sunday lineup.
Ever since it's come back, Pyramid has always taped in April/May, probably to accommodate Michael's schedule. They simply weren't ready to slapdash quick tapings before stay-at-home orders were put into place like Millionaire was. Whereas things lined up for PYL to be taped in January this year.

PYL made some good changes this year. I saw three episodes in person and it's going to be an interesting season.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.