The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

AT&T selling their stake in GSN back to Sony

(1/3) > >>

snowpeck:
Sony will own 100% of Game Show Network once again. Not sure if that will have any effect on their programming, but interesting nonetheless.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191118005828/en/Sony-Pictures-Entertainment-Acquires-ATT-Stake-Game

Dbacksfan12:
Not that they show a ton of classics these days, but perhaps it will provide additional access to the library.  Wasn't it reported at some point that Sony was charging during times of split ownership?

ivoryman1986:
I don't know about that, but there was a time about when GSN had split ownership that did effect Sony's game shows(limited leases) but the Goodson game shows continued to be shown in full runs and remained unaffected, I'm referring to Liberty Media of course. Of course from the beginning of the network's life, the network cannot survive without having originals on the lineup, same holds true all the way out.

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: ivoryman1986 on November 18, 2019, 07:35:32 PM ---the network cannot survive without having originals on the lineup

--- End quote ---
Buzzr says "howdy".

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on November 18, 2019, 07:49:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: ivoryman1986 on November 18, 2019, 07:35:32 PM ---the network cannot survive without having originals on the lineup
--- End quote ---
Buzzr says "howdy".
--- End quote ---
Notwithstanding the fact that I give the OP any credence at all, do we have any sort of ratings on what Buzzr can do, and do they add people who watch on their website?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version