Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Game Show Ever changing title?  (Read 3328 times)

colonial

Best Game Show Ever changing title?
« on: November 13, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »
A new casting notice was posted overnight at triviatvcasting.com, which takes you here …

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9yECf_nKi7VGzGDYf5qtAoHdWWrCNpial3r5dLS9ZwO2ezA/viewform

Based on the description, it appears that "Best Game Show Ever" will be re-titled "Master Minds." No other information, including potential changes to the actual show, has been released at the moment.

JD

BrandonFG

Re: Best Game Show Ever changing title?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »
I dunno how unpopular of an opinion it may have been, and I can't pinpoint why, but I was not a big fan of the title. They could probably go for something other than Master Minds, but it's an improvement.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:17:08 PM »
I dunno how unpopular of an opinion it may have been, and I can't pinpoint why, but I was not a big fan of the title. They could probably go for something other than Master Minds, but it's an improvement.
1) It's unwieldy.

2) Jeopardy and Millionaire already exist.

Beat the Brains would be unknown to anyone who doesn't grab the BBC Radio quizzes and conveys the task at hand in a snappy way (and is also a directive like Name That Tune, Beat the Clock and the like) so of course they don't go for it.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »
1) It's unwieldy.

2) Jeopardy and Millionaire already exist.
3. It also kinda falls into that "forced environment" category that we occasionally gripe about up here, as in "Hey! Look at us! We're having so much fun on the Best Trivia Game Ever!". But other than that, it's a generic title that doesn't tell me anything and like the other originals, it sounds more like a game show title from SNL. Beat the Brains would've made a lot of sense.

/Maybe too much sense for GSN
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 10:26:02 AM »
Per Buzzer Blog, the show is changing hosts, replacing Sherri Shephard with ex-Chase U.S. host Brooke Burns.

JD

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »
I think it’s telling that nobody in this thread has gotten the original title of the show right yet.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 03:19:07 PM »
So Brooke Burns will host a show on GSN where the object is for the contestants to defeat a house expert.  Check.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
It's the new "Stumpers! Starring Allen Ludden"!
@lambertman

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:15 PM »
"Best Ever Trivia Show".

There, fixed that for you Adam. :)