Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC forbade Quantum Leap to feature TV quiz show scandals  (Read 1813 times)

rialtus

NBC forbade Quantum Leap to feature TV quiz show scandals
« on: November 11, 2019, 11:10:31 PM »
Something I learned today: Quantum Leap was forbidden by NBC from featuring the 1950's quiz show scandals because the scandal focused on the NBC show Twenty-One.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/quantum-leap-tv-scandal-banned-nbc/

Eric Paddon

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: NBC forbade Quantum Leap to feature TV quiz show scandals
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »
I guess NBC still had some sour grapes about the scandals. Still, that comic's pretty good.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Neumms

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
Interesting that NBC guessed that topic may come up, unless bibles are added to as a show goes along.

Otm Shank

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Show bibles, especially in scripted television, are added to all time, and they are crucial. If the script would mention a character's mother by first name, a writer would consult the bible to see if that name was ever established. If not, whatever name is used is added to the bible. Some showrunners have found recently that their fanbase sometimes adds far more detail to the Wikipedia articles about the series than the bibles.

In this case, I would assume that there was a story that involved the game show scandal either directly or indirectly, and so when it was quashed, they made a note in the bible for future reference.