Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hot Ones: The Game Show, coming to TruTV  (Read 1510 times)

BrandonFG

Hot Ones: The Game Show, coming to TruTV
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »
Based on a popular Youtube series, Hot Ones pits teams of contestants against one another to answer pop culture trivia. The catch is, they're also eating wings of varying degrees of hotness, and have to remain focused on the game. It's an interesting concept, to say the least. It premieres in early-2020.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/hot-ones-game-show-trutv/
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Hot Ones: The Game Show, coming to TruTV
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »
Based on a popular Youtube series, Hot Ones pits teams of contestants against one another to answer pop culture trivia. The catch is, they're also eating wings of varying degrees of hotness, and have to remain focused on the game. It's an interesting concept, to say the least. It premieres in early-2020.
I almost wonder if it would be better/funnier if the consumption was tied to the answers rather than just a constant distraction.

I suppose the upside of five hundred channels in the cable universe is that there are that many places looking for content, and TruTV scooped up something that doesn't sound all that different than what was shared on a message board some twenty years ago.

/how has the Throwdown not done Hot Ones Password or Jalapeno! The All New Press Your Luck?
Travis L. Eberle

colonial

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »
For now, it seems that TruTV is serving as WarnerMedia's launching pad for the edgy and viral, and perhaps a farm system of sorts for its personalities to move up the chain to TBS or TNT (Impractical Jokers getting "Misery Index" for TBS is an example.) The same programming team essentially runs Tru, TBS and TNT these days.

You'll likely see more of this experimentation on Tru until AT&T makes a final decision on its future (there's been talk of turning either that or HLN into a sports channel, particularly if Turner Sports wins PGA Tour broadcast rights)

JD

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:54:05 AM »
Too bad they already got rid of Nancy Grace and can't publicly humiliate her when they convert HLN into a sports channel.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post