The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Drinking Game

<< < (2/17) > >>

MikeK:
1 gulp for every mention of Mr. Smith.

Dbacksfan12:
I sat down three minutes ago with pizza in hand and turned on BUZZR.   I've already had three sips.  Thanks for that, Jon.

Sodboy13:

--- Quote from: calliaume on October 12, 2019, 09:46:04 PM ---One of the challenges of this show was there were no vets for the stars to learn from (aside from Gene and Jon, and I'm not sure how much help they were).  On the 1970s versions of Squares and Match Game, there were always a few veteran celebrities - after awhile, you rarely had an episode where there was more than one celeb appearing for the first time.  On the week we just saw, by my count five celebrities had never done any type of panel show (Squares, Match Game, or anything similar) - that had to be a challenge.

--- End quote ---
Having watched the Arsenio-Travalena-etc. week in full, there was a marked difference from the Monday and Tuesday shows to Friday. You could tell how much more of the panel "got it," and everyone overall just appeared a lot more comfortable. You'd think there would have been some degree of prep for them to lessen that disparity.

whewfan:
As I watch more of these, I'm not sure if it's "Jon had trouble keeping the game moving" as much as it was "some celebs didn't know when to shut up" (or in the case of Arsenio and Fred, do their "schtick" when they haven't been chosen) or "some celebs mull too much over a question that really isn't that difficult to answer" (Edie McClurg). Even Gene contributed to the stalling a little, when Edie was practically doing a character monologue for one question. (He may have been doing it as a way to get her to get to the answer.)

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: whewfan on October 13, 2019, 05:05:44 AM ---As I watch more of these, I'm not sure if it's "Jon had trouble keeping the game moving" as much as it was "some celebs didn't know when to shut up"

--- End quote ---
As host, isn't it Jon's job to keep the game moving, even if it means flat-out telling them "shut up" if they rambled on too long?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version