Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Current TTTT gripe  (Read 441 times)

whewfan

Current TTTT gripe
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
Okay, for the benefit of the younger members... maybe I'm old fashioned, maybe the target audience that TTTT targets doesn't care who the imposters are, but I CARE

For goodness sakes! I want to know who all the imposters are! Anthony keeps skipping over some of them! Instead of wasting time with this Doris Award stuff (okay, target audience loves it, I'm not crazy about it) I would've liked to have known who those other two people were.

I hope I am not "the cheese" and stand alone on this.

SuperMatch93

Re: Current TTTT gripe
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »
Eh, I care too.

My only other big gripe with this version is that they changed the traditional "My name is..." intros.
"Game shows aren't about cruelty. They're about greed and wonderful prizes like poorly built catamarans." - Homer Simpson

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
Iíll admit I donít watch often, but Iím inclined to agree. The last episode I watched, I believe we learned about the imposters in the first half, but not the second. I found that weird.
ďMarijuanaís legal in this state right?Ē
-Meredith Vieira
Now celebrating his 17th season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Game Maven
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Okay, for the benefit of the younger members... maybe I'm old fashioned, maybe the target audience that TTTT targets doesn't care who the imposters are, but I CARE
Why? Why does it burn your soul so hard that they either edit that part out or just flatly donít do it? I notice that the affidavit does not mention the central character by name but it is a comparatively small piece to a large puzzle of Stuff What I Donít Like and so I donít make a point to watch. I also donít feel like litigating it all the time so I let it be and talk about other stuff.
Travis L. Eberle
Director of Ludic underlings.

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 02:52:25 PM »
Travis,

That's true, they don't mention the central person's name either in the affadavit. I think they do that for consistency, as they've had a mix of men and women as imposters. However, Anthony always finds out who the real person is.

Also, Jenifer Lewis was on one episode and she kept taking the show away from the game. She picks a fight with Mama Doris, and the whole game goes on hold for much too long. Okay... maybe they feel they have to do this because the idea of questioning these people to find out who is the true person is too boring on its own, so they have to do these things to keep everything interesting. Again, I am not the target audience here. I think TTTT is a strong enough game without the extra hijinx but that might be solely my opinion.