The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Win the game and still win nothing?

(1/11) > >>

Casey:
After watching an MG syndie episode recently, where a player won the game but missed out on any of 3 answers in the audience match and was sent home with the Rice-a-Roni, I wondered how many other games allows you to win the game and leave with nothing.

The only other one I could think of off the top of my head was Press Your Luck where it happened a couple of times.  Any others?

Trisscope:
Would you count Treasure Hunt where you could win the choice to pick a prize and end up with a klunk?

SamJ93:
Debt? I mean, it is the show's tagline...even though the contestant's debt amounts may well have been for show, and what they chose to do with their winnings is their business...

BrandonFG:
-Card Sharks from 2001...the winning contestant received $2,100, which was then split up over three levels on the Money Cards. A few contestants bet it all and lost as a result*.

-Any Millionaire contestant from the Fastest Finger era, but failed to get past the first five questions. They used to call this a "Llama" on ATGS...

-There were also a couple of Pyramid Winner's Circles where a contestant got nothing, one from the 80s, another during the Donnymid era. Not sure if said contestants won a 7-11/Mystery 7/Super Six.

Didn't the 70s era Match Game award $100 to the day's winner? Or was that just the CBS version?

/*Although I think they did get a digital camera or a watch or something

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 22, 2019, 08:45:24 PM ---Didn't the 70s era Match Game award $100 to the day's winner? Or was that just the CBS version?

--- End quote ---
Just the CBS version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version