Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How much do you watch per day?  (Read 3120 times)

SuperMatch93

How much do you watch per day?
« on: September 18, 2019, 11:01:53 AM »
On an average day, how many hours of game shows do you watch?

I watch about an hour or so; my girlfriend and I have became Countdown addicts as of late so we usually view it on All 4 over dinner. I also occasionally show her stuff on Buzzr, Hulu, or other British shows and she gets into it sometimes.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: How much do you watch per day?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 11:10:53 AM »
Jeopardy and 25 Words or Less right now makes up the total American consumption for me other than dropping in on Buzzr's streaming website, but I also devour Brain of Britain, Mastermind and Only Connect as well, but those are weekly.
Travis L. Eberle

Loogaroo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »
Not getting home until about 8PM each night makes regular watching difficult, but Adam and I have been watching ABC's Sunday Night lineup consistently, and we do spend most of our wind-down hours watching Sweep, PYL, and Dawson Feud on Buzzr.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
It’s pretty sporadic for me. I honestly don’t watch nearly as much TV anymore, and I’m at work all day, so the daytime options are limited for me. I’ll catch whatever show if it’s on at the gym or a restaurant.

I might watch Jeopardy!, Match Game, or Buzzr if I haven’t zoned out.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
I'll stream Buzzr once in awhile.  We just cut the cable cord, and we're still working on some issues with the digital antenna.

TPIR, LMaD, 25 Words or Less, and Jeopardy! all air while I'm working, so they're not viable options.  I might watch Wheel of Fortune once in awhile at the gym, or ABC's nighttime shows when they're airing.  I can also watch Buzzr on the treadmill or elliptical.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
I watch LMAD here and there when it's in season. I watch TPIR everyday when it's in season as well (either live or recorded when I have work).

A group of friends and I like to watch Pointless and Only Connect together online, again either live or recorded.

I watch Jeopardy and Wheel almost everyday.

25WoL is now on the list with its debut this week. Nick's 5th Grader is a regular view.

A different friend and I like to watch America Says, Classh-Room (local Philly show), and a bevy of YT uploaded programs at night among other things. And we previously watched Best Ever over the summer together.

I'd say in general, it can reach up to 6-7 hours a day when everything is running at the same time.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »
I don't watch anything on a *regular* basis, but what I do watch is streamed from the DVR, and usually while I'm cooking or ironing or some such. Because apparently I am a 1970s housewife.  I'm enjoying 25 WORDS, PYRAMID, and the occasion J! (though the latter takes more bandwidth than I have at chore-time).
czambo@mac.com

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »
TPiR is a daily recording on my DVR.  That said, I can't think of the last time I actually watched it.  Generally, I'll peek in if I read about something big happening or for the season premiere, but otherwise, it just sits and and auto-deletes.  Exactly the same thing with WoF.

When I was with Dish, I'd watch Buzzr occasionally, with Supermarket Sweep on a daily timer.  My smart TV will allegedly stream Buzzr through Pluto, but it's not been real reliable, crashing at every commercial break, and since I can't DVR it, it's not really in my rotation.

The only two shows I watch religiously are J! and Only Connect.  (And, if we're being loose with definitions, QI.)
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 11:03:07 AM »
It's okay, this isn't a thread about definitions.

I don't watch much of anything anymore, between my job and letting my 4-year-old watch his stuff.  I catch most of the ABC Sunday night games during the summer, and I'll put Wheel on when I get the chance, but that's about it.  I'd probably watch Jeopardy! too if I didn't live in the Central time zone.

KrisW73

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
Average weekday - 1 hour (WoF and J!)
Average weekend day - 1-2 hours (Buzzr)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »
I don't watch much of anything anymore, between my job and letting my 4-year-old watch his stuff.

Pah! When I was 4 years old, I was already entranced by Wheel and Jeopardy!. Frankly, this makes me question where your priorities lie.

/Don't you want your son to turn out like me?
//Don't answer that.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 02:40:05 PM »
Pah! When I was 4 years old, I was already entranced by Wheel and Jeopardy!.

So was I, but here's the thing with me: Wheel is on in Chicago at 6:30 so I could probably catch it most nights, but I got so burnt out from watching it almost every night from when I was about 3 until I was 10 that I almost never watch it now.

Not to say that I don't still like it, or that I won't watch it if I happen to be at the bar down the street, but I don't really go out of my way to do so.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983