Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trebek Begins New Round Of Chemotherapy  (Read 2768 times)

Kniwt

Re: Trebek Begins New Round Of Chemotherapy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »
Citing a report from Canada's CTV, CNN is reporting today that the chemotherapy is making it harder for Alex to enunciate ... which could prematurely end his tenure as host.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/alex-trebek-pancreatic-cancer-hosting-trnd/index.html

Trebek told CTV he has begun to get sores inside his mouth from the chemotherapy, which makes it difficult to enunciate. He sometimes hears himself slurring his words on the quiz show, he said.

"I will keep doing it (the show) as long as my skills do not diminish, and they have started to diminish," he told CTV's Lisa LaFlamme in an interview Friday.

40onTheBlue

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:50 PM »
Here's the interview CNN cited in their report. This week's episode of CTV's W5 included a feature piece about Alex.

https://youtu.be/p6PByjRnmh4
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:09:17 PM by 40onTheBlue »
Greetings from Canada.

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »
Sad for sure...I am thinking of the end of Allen Ludden's hosting career (serious illness, brief comeback, then...you know...)  too :-( 

Oh, why are wins against this disease so temporary and fleeting??
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 07:07:44 AM »
The only difference is that Allen was just 63 when he died. I'm not sure if Alex would come back if he had the option to return if he felt better at his age.

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
The only difference is that Allen was just 63 when he died. I'm not sure if Alex would come back if he had the option to return if he felt better at his age.

True.  And wow, thought Allen was older than that. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.