Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30  (Read 95710 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »
This week on MGHS, NBC showed a little generosity: While there are plenty of celebrities on this week's panel from We Got It Made and Another World, meaning many plugs for those shows, Gary Burghoff got to plug the CBS program he made a couple of guest appearances on. One of the Audience Match questions was AFTER ______, and the most popular answer was "M*A*S*H."

catnap1972

« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »
IDK, is it my imagination or is the board (MGHS) *still* acting up?  Stuff keeps turning on and off.

Sodboy13

« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2020, 01:55:27 AM »
The top two rows did get all blinky again tonight. It felt like once that second game, they just went ahead and rang the bell because the board was so unstable. Seemed like there would have been another minute or two of play normally, although maybe that was just Buzzr pushing the breaks around slightly.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

calliaume

« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2020, 01:32:59 PM »
GARY BURGHOFF (getting booed): "Hey listen folks, you should try it up here some time! Not everyone's Richard Dawson, you know."

GENE: "Thank God for that."

Also Gary (every other HS question this week, it seems): "That's the dumbest question I ever heard!"
Which may explain why this was his one MG/HS appearance.

It looks like his AfterMASH appearances aired January 16 and 23, so these episodes (airing January 23-27) may have been a little late to stir up interest.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
I see Orson Welles has replaced Elizabeth Taylor as the brunt of the fat joke prompts. I'm pretty sure I've noticed at least four mentions of him in the last three weeks.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2020, 10:46:38 PM »
I admit I'm not a regular MGHSHr watcher, and apologies if I missed this in the thread, but for the HS portion, I'm noticing that for the "either-or" questions, when one option sounds a little more outrageous or out of left field, you should go probably with that answer.

One question tonight asked whether you should use Vaseline or lard to get grass stains out of your clothes. The celebrity said Vaseline; it was lard.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2020, 11:55:56 PM »
Did fee plugs slip by Buzzr's editing of LMaD before last night or was that a first for those?
I’ve been watching the last couple nights, and both nights they included midshow plugs, which shocked the hell outta me. But...I remember watching Family Channel reruns, where they simply returned from commercial with no music, but Monty walking through the audience as it applauded. Seeing the plugs gives this more context.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2020, 12:26:30 AM »
Did fee plugs slip by Buzzr's editing of LMaD before last night or was that a first for those?
I’ve been watching the last couple nights, and both nights they included midshow plugs, which shocked the hell outta me. But...I remember watching Family Channel reruns, where they simply returned from commercial with no music, but Monty walking through the audience as it applauded. Seeing the plugs gives this more context.

As far as I know, Buzzr has run those plugs for as long as they've been running the 1985-86 season.

BrandonFG

« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2020, 08:44:23 PM »

As far as I know, Buzzr has run those plugs for as long as they've been running the 1985-86 season.
Watching tonight, Dean mentions some traders will receive the prizes (a KFC gift certificate, World Book Encyclopedia, etc.). I'm guessing this is what Zonk "winners" received instead.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »
By comparison, are the sponsor billboards less ubiquitous than they were in prior years?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022