Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30  (Read 95110 times)

chrisholland03

Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »
The taping schedule was brutal.  2150 episodes in just a few months.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »
Can anyone make heads/tails out of the Combs FF episode numbers on the Buzzr site?  They were airing daytime episodes from early 1989 with episode numbers in the 100s, now they're airing episodes from 1989 with episode numbers in the 2300s.

Maybe I've missed something, possibly even something obvious, but where on Buzzr's site are you seeing episode numbers for anything?  All I see are broadcast years (or for some shows, season #), and about half the time an airdate. 

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2019, 06:04:50 PM »
Maybe I've missed something, possibly even something obvious, but where on Buzzr's site are you seeing episode numbers for anything?  All I see are broadcast years (or for some shows, season #), and about half the time an airdate.

It's not obvious.  If you go to Buzzr's schedule page and use "View Page Source" mode on your browser (I use Chrome--it may or may not work with other browsers), the episode numbers will appear.  Can't remember whoever turned me on to that little trick, but whoever you are thank you.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »
Looks like the episodes in question are from the syndicated run, the Bengals vs. 49ers celebrity week.

The episode numbers (126-130) without the prefix also match the numbering from when they aired on GSN (PDFs to the rescue), and the two is probably just a prefix Buzzr tacked on to differentiate for the nighttime run shows.

The nighttime shows on the masters are slated as, for example from another episode, 89FF106S. Whether they slated the NFL week differently (not reflected in anything from the GSN days or indicated on the few nighttime masters i have) or whether Buzzr just, as mentioned, numbered the PM shows different for their own purposes (I tend to believe this - you should see my employers system sometime, holy hell) I can't say but I'd strongly guess the latter.

Bryce L.

« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2019, 07:02:50 PM »
The nighttime shows on the masters are slated as, for example from another episode, 89FF106S. Whether they slated the NFL week differently (not reflected in anything from the GSN days or indicated on the few nighttime masters i have) or whether Buzzr just, as mentioned, numbered the PM shows different for their own purposes (I tend to believe this - you should see my employers system sometime, holy hell) I can't say but I'd strongly guess the latter.
What were the numbers on the nighttime masters you have? I've seen a couple of daytime slates (four-digit sequential number followed by "D" [e.g. 0001D for the CBS premiere]), and that one nighttime one that Buzzr posted. Are the ones you have in that same "YYFFNNNS" format?

ivoryman1986

« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »
From what you're looking at when you see the GSN PDFs, GSN put in the 3-digit episode #s for the daytime counterpart, but for the nighttime counterpart, they put in the 4-digit episode #s, as far as I can remember. So the Bengals vs. 49ers Super Bowl rematch week was 0126-0130 and the Singing Sisters vs. Musical Misters was 0146-0150.

Sodboy13

« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »
Buzzr announced a "Black Friday Frenzy" marathon of Supermarket Sweep, $ale, and Temptation. It looks like we may be getting PAX-era Sweep, based on the promo.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JMFabiano

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »
So last night on MG/HS....was the third $30K win.

Also mentioned in the old ATGS post outlining all of said wins. 

Tonight should be the official Christmas episode, with the electronic wall displaying tree designs.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

snowpeck

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2019, 06:56:48 PM »
Not confirmed on Buzzr's website yet, but Zap2It has MG-HS going back to episode #2 on 11/22.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH03156869&tmsId=EP031568690037&aid=gapzap
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2019, 07:16:13 PM »
Not confirmed on Buzzr's website yet, but Zap2It has MG-HS going back to episode #2 on 11/22.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH03156869&tmsId=EP031568690037&aid=gapzap

Aha, so they'll cut off with the Leave it to Beaver reunion.

And we're not getting the premiere episode ever, huh?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2019, 08:25:33 PM »
Wasn’t the tape of ep 1 damaged?  Seem to recall it airing on NBC blemished.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2019, 09:27:13 PM »
So not only do we not get the Bill Cullen week, they’re missing a self-promotion opportunity by jumping back right before a week with David Ruprecht!
@lambertman

snowpeck

« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2019, 09:55:28 PM »
So not only do we not get the Bill Cullen week, they’re missing a self-promotion opportunity by jumping back right before a week with David Ruprecht!
We should get in an episode or two of the Ruprecht week.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:18:53 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

gamed121683

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2019, 10:07:32 PM »

WHAT?!?! No Bill Cullen week? I feel like someone should check in on Matt to see how he's doing.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2019, 11:36:48 PM »
WHAT?!?! No Bill Cullen week? I feel like someone should check in on Matt to see how he's doing.

I got the news this morning, and I'm not taking it well.  Still, the prevailing wisdom from my friend who told me the news is that Buzzr will cycle through all these episodes a second time, and then continue to move forward with new ones.  The theory being they're too invested in the series to have only copied forty episodes.  In the traditional network model, it would make sense to have reruns playing during the less-viewed holiday season, so maybe there's some logic to that theory.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.