Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30  (Read 95014 times)

calliaume

Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2019, 02:20:39 PM »
Here's the article in question.  The first paragraph is about the MG-HS appearance, and it's chock full of errors (in fairness, Lander was trying to recall what had happened 15 years prior):

https://people.com/archive/out-of-hiding-vol-51-no-22/

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »
Pluto's is back to normal, though Monday Night's $ale (2nd broadcast) was odd:  The show looked blurry throughout the show -- Card Sharks, right after $ale, looked okay.

That's a Buzzr problem, not a Pluto problem. There was a time a year or two ago when Buzzr was converting episodes at a notably diminished video quality. Some Sale of the Century episodes were among them, and that's where Buzzr is in that show's run right now.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2019, 05:03:22 PM »
Did fee plugs slip by Buzzr's editing of LMaD before last night or was that a first for those?
I've been watching since the episodes came back.  I think it was a slip-up; they didn't show the mid-commercial bumper. 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JMFabiano

« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2019, 07:33:51 PM »
Did fee plugs slip by Buzzr's editing of LMaD before last night or was that a first for those?
I've been watching since the episodes came back.  I think it was a slip-up; they didn't show the mid-commercial bumper.

Yeah I'd say something about this, but I'll live with it.  Moreso since it was apparently this or credit crunching (Buzzr asked on FB what viewers would think of that...you can imagine the reactions...)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:58 PM »
They showed the fee plugs again, but they were in a segue with a contestant this time.

Another BUZZR observation- I've started to see a small handful of commercials that aren't direct response ads.  Surely that's a positive sign and perhaps a reason why fresh material is coming down the pipe.

ETA:  Do they ever publish Neilsen figures for these subchannels?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:57:28 PM by Dbacksfan12 »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chargeradiocom

« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2019, 09:50:40 PM »
ETA:  Do they ever publish Neilsen figures for these subchannels?
Only if the network subscribes to it. A few of the top-tier subs (i.e. MeTV, COZI, etc.) do, but I’m pretty sure BUZZR does not.

However, they likely have some kind of ratings metric that they can show potential advertisers, maybe Comscore or something along those lines. Plus they probably have real-time (or close to it) data from streaming.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:23:48 PM by chargeradiocom »

JMFabiano

« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2019, 10:51:47 PM »
From what i've seen...Edie McClurg may qualify for our MG/HS panel from hell. 

She's no Fred, but goes off on funny voiced tangents too often.  And today her schtick may have cost the champion a chance at a last minute comeback (if she had time to be asked a question, she could have gotten a tic-tac-toe that would put her in the lead).  But those are the breaks, I guess.

Also...(yes it's a 36+ year old rerun, but what the hey...)

First $30,000 win.  I kind of knew where it was going as I remembered an old ATGS post that said it happened with Marty Cohen.

Sodboy13

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2019, 12:19:54 AM »
Edie was good in the MG '90 I've seen her in, but the way she's absolutely clawing for screen time here is insufferable. Great bit by Gene at the end of tonight's episode.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvmitch

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2019, 11:05:51 AM »
Edie was good in the MG '90 I've seen her in, but the way she's absolutely clawing for screen time here is insufferable. Great bit by Gene at the end of tonight's episode.
ISTR that Edie was on at the tail-end of syndie MG, and wasn't all that bad on there. She was dreadful here. Too many stopdowns in HS for the celebrities to "perform."
You should follow me on Twitter

Mr. Matté

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »
ISTR that Edie was on at the tail-end of syndie MG, and wasn't all that bad on there. She was dreadful here. Too many stopdowns in HS for the celebrities to "perform."

Another thing I've noticed during HS is that the audience (the real one, not Mother Mackenzie) will applaud a celeb's answer as if they're still thinking it's the Match Game and they gave a good answer (until it's one of those random trivia questions and they're wrong). Obviously the audience wasn't this hyper on Marshall but I don't think they clapped for any answers on at least Bergeron's.

JMFabiano

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
And here is the post that mentioned yesterday's SM result...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.tv.game-shows/$2430$2C000$20mg$2Fhs%7Csort:date/alt.tv.game-shows/xinbBP3XC7c/PBZhF-eG8xYJ

(copy and paste the whole thing)

And according to the thread, get ready tonight for another $30K win.

MG/HS general observation...I'm stunned that, even as shortlived as the show was, Betty White never appeared on the show. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:21:57 PM by JMFabiano »

catnap1972

« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2019, 10:15:05 PM »
Spoiler because whatever....

On tonight's MG/HS what was muted in the 2nd round MG question (Mike _ )?  And why?

Sodboy13

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2019, 10:17:56 PM »
Interesting on tonight's MGHS - the word "midget" got muted in a Match Game question. I know the freshness date on that term for little people has long since passed, and it's now considered derogatory, but I was still surprised to hear it get dumped.

EDIT: So there's your blank filled in.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »
Did NBC still have a winnings cap in 1983 or was a champion retired after some number of wins? There is some serious witchcraft happening in the Super Match end game.

Also they are awarding the Audience Match prize on a Super Match win—I wasn’t expecting them to do that.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »
Blockbusters let people win up to $120,000, so either the cap is pretty high or nonexistent.