Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30  (Read 95041 times)

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
Re: New Buzzr lineup effective 9/30
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
We've seen examples in the past (Match Game PM, Supermarket Sweep seasons 2 and 4 but not 3), but it looks like standard operating procedure at Buzzr is now to edit out unintegrated fee and consolation plugs. Today's "new" episode of Blockbusters had all of its fees edited out, and each "new" Classic Concentration had its sole ten-second consolation plug cut off after the second bonus round.

I feel like I saw similar unfamiliar edits during some of this weekend's Lost and Found episodes, but I wasn't keeping track.

Mildly related, but I did notice with this morning's "Split Second" airing that the "back from commercial" bumper questions got cut.

WhammyPower

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »
Mildly related, but I did notice with this morning's "Split Second" airing that the "back from commercial" bumper questions got cut.
Which sucks, because I'd love a clean copy of the theme...

/Yes, there's TVPMM, but have you heard the quality of this one there?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2019, 10:08:37 PM »
MG/HS Hour - ANsenio Hall? Did I mishear Gene Wood?  ;D

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 10:33:14 PM »
You surely didn't.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »
I take it we started with Episode 2 on Split Second today? Or are we somewhere further down the road? Buzzr's clock is off in the morning, so my DVR missed about the first two minutes of the episode.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

joshg

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2019, 11:30:40 PM »
Buzzr's clock is off in the morning, so my DVR missed about the first two minutes of the episode.

I noticed that too. Their timing seemed to start to drift a bit before summer began. I added 5 minutes to the start and end of "Classic Concentration" just so this won't happen. I'm in DVD library mode now LOL.

I also padded the start/end of MGHS hour. For DVD library reasons and the light show at the beginning :)
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

snowpeck

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 12:23:42 AM »
I take it we started with Episode 2 on Split Second today? Or are we somewhere further down the road? Buzzr's clock is off in the morning, so my DVR missed about the first two minutes of the episode.

A bit further in the run, though what aired today is numbered as #0001. The first handful of episodes had a slightly different set and bonus round and were either not aired in the States or were buried somewhere else in the run. This was the first episode with this set and format.

GameTV aired them at the beginning of their cycle though.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 12:28:08 AM »
Out of curiosity, what aired for Deal?  My cable guide had strangely specific information that it was "Taped in Orlando at the Disney/MGM Studios", first aired 7/1/90.

Typically, the airdates provided are of when a program first aired on BUZZR.  Thanks for the information.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Sodboy13

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2019, 12:36:46 AM »
A bit further in the run, though what aired today is numbered as #0001. The first handful of episodes had a slightly different set and bonus round and were either not aired in the States or were buried somewhere else in the run. This was the first episode with this set and format.

GameTV aired them at the beginning of their cycle though.

Ah, that explains this, and the differences contained therein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg5WTXXiUTI
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

Sodboy13

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2019, 01:38:56 AM »
Contestants continually botching celebrities' names in the Hollywood Squares portion of the game is as good an indicator of the star power on display here as any.

snowpeck

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 01:49:38 AM »
Out of curiosity, what aired for Deal?  My cable guide had strangely specific information that it was "Taped in Orlando at the Disney/MGM Studios", first aired 7/1/90.

Typically, the airdates provided are of when a program first aired on BUZZR.  Thanks for the information.
They started with an episode near the end of the 1984-1985 season.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SuperMatch93

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
First time ever watching MGHSH, here's my take:

-Best set of the 80s as far as I'm concerned. You could put almost the exact set on TV today and it would look as good.
-Gene, to my eyes, was slowing down a bit. Maybe it was jitters from being in a new format with mostly new talent, but I expected him to do a bit better.
-Jon was good. If he had had more time to get comfortable in the role, maybe he'd be remembered more fondly.
-I prefer Marshall Squares (never seen a full ep of Davidson) but the more trivia-based take here is an interesting way to do it. To be honest, I actually like the win by default rule because it makes for a more exciting end to a game. However, I'd've doubled the dollars per square to $50 in the second game to help the opponent close the gap more.

Might watch again, haven't decided.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Sodboy13

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
On last night's episode, at least, Gene's best work was as a square, and I don't mean that to put down his performance as MG host. I noticed that he was the only celeb who got "standard-issue" Squares questions instead of multiple-choice once, and he made some excellent bluffs out of them.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 10:45:13 PM »
Odd bit of trivia, and I think I'm right about this.  There appears to be only one week of MGHS shows in which all eight guest celebrities are still alive.  That would be the special St Elsewhere week that aired in March of 1984.  It featured seven of the younger cast members (including Ed Begley Jr and Howie Mandel)...and 70-year-old Norman Lloyd.  Lloyd turns 105 next month.  Probably.   
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Sodboy13

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 12:14:21 AM »
Well, now you've gone and jinxed it.