Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales: Never Saw This Before  (Read 3474 times)

calliaume

Tattletales: Never Saw This Before
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:54:54 PM »
On the episodes that aired tonight, for Round 2 (after the buzz-in questions were dropped), instead of the usual Tattletales quickie, all six of the celebrity couples were on stage and were asked the same yes-or-no question.

Anybody have any information on this?

TimK2003

Re: Tattletales: Never Saw This Before
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 01:15:32 AM »
On the episodes that aired tonight, for Round 2 (after the buzz-in questions were dropped), instead of the usual Tattletales quickie, all six of the celebrity couples were on stage and were asked the same yes-or-no question.

They also aired these episodes during the week on Buzzr.  Personally, I didn't care for it -- and yet this concept was resurrected again as Mindreaders years later.

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:04:31 PM »

Interesting. Can you explain the format a little more? How was the payout? How was it scored?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 12:09:55 AM »
A yes or no question is asked to all 6 celebs who are sitting together at the desks.  Each person answers individually by choosing a YES or NO card and keeps it hidden until asked to reveal. A pre-selected audience member from each section predicts what their section's husband and wife team will answer (just like Mindreaders).  Each correct prediction adds $50 to their section's total. 

Any missed money does not carry over into the next round's question nor can it be combined into another's section. 

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 06:01:21 AM »
A yes or no question is asked to all 6 celebs who are sitting together at the desks.  Each person answers individually by choosing a YES or NO card and keeps it hidden until asked to reveal. A pre-selected audience member from each section predicts what their section's husband and wife team will answer (just like Mindreaders).  Each correct prediction adds $50 to their section's total. 

Any missed money does not carry over into the next round's question nor can it be combined into another's section.
Sounds like Mindreaders was being piloted right in front of our eyes!

Thanks!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

calliaume

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:41:24 AM »
Sounds like Mindreaders was being piloted right in front of our eyes!
And it only took four and a half years to finish developing.

I'm going to guess this was a simple way to break up the all-quickies format and make sure Tattletales didn't look too much like The Newlywed Game with celebrity couples.  But it wasn't particularly interesting (I believe every celebrity matched the audience in both episodes I saw; definitely in the second one), and I wouldn't have been very comfortable making one audience member the spokesperson for the entire rooting section - if he/she went against the crowd, got it wrong, and lost the game as a result, that wouldn't have been very pleasant.