Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sale question...  (Read 2271 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Sale question...
« on: November 15, 2019, 03:48:14 AM »
So tonight, we reached the episode where James Reynolds gets knocked off as champion.

He's going to reappear sometime after the bonus format switch (where he regains his championship and wins the car off the Winners Board) because of some snafu in the episode where he was beaten initially.

Call me crazy, but what exactly did they do to wrong him? I'm not accusing them of shenanigans here but I didn't immediately pick up on it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Bryce L.

Re: Sale question...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 04:57:11 AM »
Only issue I'm seeing is in the third Instant Bargain. Scores are Neal: $37, Sharon, $30, and James: $55. Jim tells James he has a $25 lead, when in fact there's only an $18 spread between Neal and James... though I still don't see where it would affect the outcome, since even though that's a $7 boo-boo by Jim, James still lost by a $22 margin.

catnap1972

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »
IDK I was left with a "Jim kind of screwed him over" feeling so that's probably why they brought him back.  I'm assuming they can't see each others scores during the game?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 04:24:05 PM »
Only issue I'm seeing is in the third Instant Bargain. Scores are Neal: $37, Sharon, $30, and James: $55. Jim tells James he has a $25 lead, when in fact there's only an $18 spread between Neal and James... though I still don't see where it would affect the outcome, since even though that's a $7 boo-boo by Jim, James still lost by a $22 margin.

I assume that was it; James might not have bought had Jim not informed him of his cushion being bigger. Could have affected James' mindset and caused him to lose focus.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »
I assume that was it; James might not have bought had Jim not informed him of his cushion being bigger. Could have affected James' mindset and caused him to lose focus.
I imagine that the scores wouldn't be shown during the speed round because you want the players concentrating on right answers, but if there were ever two times to give a quick read of the score line it is during the gift shop and Fame Game portions--the first just because it's best practices to tell the purchaser what the game state is before and after the fact, and in the second because if the spinner can take the lead it makes the moment all the more powerful when it comes up.
Travis L. Eberle