Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th  (Read 134048 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Bit of a bump, but I think it's notable - tonight's Sale of the Century, #1434 (Josh/Kathy/Kelton, aired 8/16/88), is the first episode without the six-number Winner's Board, though the change wasn't mentioned on-air.

Nope. That’s tomorrows episode.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
Oops, sorry about that. :(
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2019, 05:01:10 PM »
Well, it's been about two full months since there have been any new-to-Buzzr episodes of Supermarket Sweep. On August 12, the network corrects that by picking up where they left off in the 8:30 p.m. weekday slot. First, they'll show the remaining five season three episodes that they hadn't aired yet, then they'll start into season four.

Bryce L.

« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
It'll be good to see just how short-lived those yellow scoreboards actually were (among other things).

ivoryman1986

« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2019, 08:35:21 PM »
Well, it's been about two full months since there have been any new-to-Buzzr episodes of Supermarket Sweep. On August 12, the network corrects that by picking up where they left off in the 8:30 p.m. weekday slot. First, they'll show the remaining five season three episodes that they hadn't aired yet, then they'll start into season four.
I think you meant Season 4 MSTieScott. Season 3 of Supermarket Sweep still had all the fee plugs shown at the end of the episode. Season 5 witnesses the very short-lived yellow scoreboards and the very short-lived eye-soaring TV Mystery Product screens which that didn't activate properly, those episodes with them still had 3 inflatable bonuses in the Big Sweep.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #290 on: August 03, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »
Buzzr treats the 1990s reboot as its own series with its own season numbering; my post reflects that.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »
$otC goes back to 1985 syndication two weeks from today.  They get as far as 1449 (9/6/88) on 8/23.

Also, TT reverts back to Xmas-ish 1974 on 9/2.

On the plus side, new-to-Buzzr SP eps begin on 8/19 (9/5/85, picking up where they left off).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Sodboy13

« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2019, 11:39:32 PM »
Supermarket Sweep made the switch to blue scoreboards tonight. I thought the yellow ones looked fine and were perfectly readable, but perhaps that wasn't the case on an SD tube.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2019, 12:55:48 AM »
I try to tamp down on the arguing over minutiae and stuff but man alive I hated the yellow and was glad to see them change to blue.
Travis L. Eberle

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2019, 01:03:42 AM »
Supermarket Sweep made the switch to blue scoreboards tonight.

On the eighth episode of the season, which confuses me -- during prior seasons, they appeared to tape five episodes per day.

(Still waiting to see the extra ways to earn time and sweep bonus money that David keeps promising at the top of the show. Especially considering that the front game eliminated approximately three questions and the big sweep eliminated the $200 opportunity in the Manager's Special or Super Sandwich.)

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »
Supermarket Sweep made the switch to blue scoreboards tonight.

On the eighth episode of the season, which confuses me -- during prior seasons, they appeared to tape five episodes per day.

(Still waiting to see the extra ways to earn time and sweep bonus money that David keeps promising at the top of the show. Especially considering that the front game eliminated approximately three questions and the big sweep eliminated the $200 opportunity in the Manager's Special or Super Sandwich.)

The first PAX season in 2000 had three episodes taped on the first taping day and four episodes taped on the second taping day, so I guess this 1993 season was the same way as well.

Also, the three (or so) questions were brought back later in the 1993 season (definitely by the last batch of taped shows of that season), and the Manager's Special and Super Sandwich bonuses were brought back in the 1994 season.

Sodboy13

« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2019, 11:56:58 PM »
Tonight's episode brought back the $250 touchscreen product while keeping the four jumbo bonus items in play. Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light. So there's a little more money and gimmick variety in the game trickling in gradually.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2019, 12:25:55 AM »
Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light.
Was this after a series of questions about movies?  If not, it will soon become a regular feature...the "Snack Attack Movie Game".  If I remember correctly, one variant was asking a contestant to identify a product for $50.  If they couldn't do so on the first go, the money was halved and the contestant then was offered a 50/50 option.

For no particular reason, an episode stands out in my mind with an incorrect guess of 7Up, and then a choice between Slice or Sprite.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bryce L.

« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2019, 01:56:49 AM »
Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light.
Was this after a series of questions about movies?  If not, it will soon become a regular feature...the "Snack Attack Movie Game".  If I remember correctly, one variant was asking a contestant to identify a product for $50.  If they couldn't do so on the first go, the money was halved and the contestant then was offered a 50/50 option.

For no particular reason, an episode stands out in my mind with an incorrect guess of 7Up, and then a choice between Slice or Sprite.
It was the Snack Attack Movie Game, except that the 50/50 choice was given up-front, and there was only one chance to get the money (someone played this game either last week or week before last and lost).

Julius

« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2019, 01:43:38 PM »
I wasn't able to record last Friday's 8:30 PM airing of the season 4 episode of Supermarket Sweep. Can anyone find out for me when will this episode re-air on buzzr? Thanks.
Julius May, Philadelphia PA