The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

What was Lin Bolen's influence on the game show business?

<< < (4/4)

clemon79:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 11, 2019, 10:10:01 AM ---The first time I saw “Anchorman”, I said there was no way men acted like Ron Burgundy in the 70s.

--- End quote ---

Amusingly, every time I see "Anchorman," I'm convinced I WORKED with Ron Burgundy at some point...

Adam Nedeff:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on September 11, 2019, 12:46:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 11, 2019, 10:10:01 AM ---The first time I saw “Anchorman”, I said there was no way men acted like Ron Burgundy in the 70s.

--- End quote ---

Amusingly, every time I see "Anchorman," I'm convinced I WORKED with Ron Burgundy at some point...

--- End quote ---
I was always fond of Roger Ebert's review of that movie, where he admits that Burgundy reminded him of an ex-co-worker. (Ebert named a name in his autobiography, Ron Hunter.)

Neumms:

--- Quote from: Adam Nedeff on September 11, 2019, 06:16:39 PM ---(Ebert named a name in his autobiography, Ron Hunter.)

--- End quote ---

Ron Hunter was...interesting. Look him up on YouTube. He had a presence all his own, and was much ballyhooed when WMAQ brought him to Chicago. I don't know if he was exactly dim, but he wasn't Cronkite either. There's also a Current Affair piece on the downhill side of his career. Maury Povich noted they'd been colleagues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version