The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Recording from online?

<< < (3/5) > >>

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: Pyramid80 on September 16, 2019, 07:02:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: cmjb13 on September 16, 2019, 06:44:50 PM ---I can’t figure out why BUZZR is on Dish, but not DirecTV

--- End quote ---
AT&T probably wants too much money to carry the channel.

--- End quote ---
Probably doesn't help matters that AT&T owns a minority stake in GSN.

Pyramid80:

--- Quote from: tvmitch on September 16, 2019, 04:44:53 PM ---Hey all, bumping this thread with a service I found called FitzyTV. Was digging deeper for a service because with this 9/30 schedule change, Buzzr will have some new stuff I'd love to watch but I need to DVR it.

https://fitzytv.com/ (found via a review at TechHive https://www.techhive.com/article/3405540/fitzytv-review.html)

I'm not sure of the overall point of the app...I downloaded it to a spare Android phone, and it syncs with my existing TV subscriptions to enable some sort of Cloud DVR functionality.

The killer feature here is that they have Buzzr as a channel on the app, and you can pay them $5/mo to get 50 DVR hours, and it seems to allow you to record Buzzr.

I downloaded it but haven't had much of a chance to test - wanted to alert the group, because I haven't seen it mentioned here before. If you try it, please provide a review, and I'll do the same once I've given it some paces.

--- End quote ---
So for fun, I decided to give this a trial run.  One issue I have run into is that there currently isn’t a way to start your recording a few minutes early, and run it over.  As we all know, Buzzr runs a few minutes ahead of schedule.  I emailed support and they are now aware of this and will add a feature request to modify the start times of recordings.  Not sure when that will happen, but for now you will have to record the program before and after the one you intended to record to be able to get everything.

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: Pyramid80 on September 17, 2019, 01:54:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: tvmitch on September 16, 2019, 04:44:53 PM ---Hey all, bumping this thread with a service I found called FitzyTV. Was digging deeper for a service because with this 9/30 schedule change, Buzzr will have some new stuff I'd love to watch but I need to DVR it.

https://fitzytv.com/ (found via a review at TechHive https://www.techhive.com/article/3405540/fitzytv-review.html)

I'm not sure of the overall point of the app...I downloaded it to a spare Android phone, and it syncs with my existing TV subscriptions to enable some sort of Cloud DVR functionality.

The killer feature here is that they have Buzzr as a channel on the app, and you can pay them $5/mo to get 50 DVR hours, and it seems to allow you to record Buzzr.

I downloaded it but haven't had much of a chance to test - wanted to alert the group, because I haven't seen it mentioned here before. If you try it, please provide a review, and I'll do the same once I've given it some paces.

--- End quote ---
So for fun, I decided to give this a trial run.  One issue I have run into is that there currently isn’t a way to start your recording a few minutes early, and run it over.  As we all know, Buzzr runs a few minutes ahead of schedule.  I emailed support and they are now aware of this and will add a feature request to modify the start times of recordings.  Not sure when that will happen, but for now you will have to record the program before and after the one you intended to record to be able to get everything.

--- End quote ---
Thank you both for this info. I’ve been reading a bit about Fitzy, but I was thinking it was mainly a DVR for subscription-ish services without built-in DVR capability, such as Locast.

Am I understanding you correctly that it actually has some channels within the app—BUZZR being one of them—and that you can DVR it even if you’re in a market without an OTA BUZZR station? (If so, that’s awesome.)

Pyramid80:

--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on September 17, 2019, 08:44:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pyramid80 on September 17, 2019, 01:54:25 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Thank you both for this info. I’ve been reading a bit about Fitzy, but I was thinking it was mainly a DVR for subscription-ish services without built-in DVR capability, such as Locast.

Am I understanding you correctly that it actually has some channels within the app—BUZZR being one of them—and that you can DVR it even if you’re in a market without an OTA BUZZR station? (If so, that’s awesome.)

--- End quote ---
There are about 21 different channels, including Buzzr.  So yes, you can DVR it without an OTA station.

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: Pyramid80 on September 17, 2019, 10:23:39 PM ---There are about 21 different channels, including Buzzr.  So yes, you can DVR it without an OTA station.

--- End quote ---
Nice. Thanks for the info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version