Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus more fall schedule changes.  (Read 7587 times)

snowpeck

Re: BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus more fall schedule changes.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 12:10:58 AM »
They're running a promo for the primetime lineup starting 9/30: Password Plus at 8P, Supermarket Sweep at 8:30P, Sale of the Century at 9P, Card Sharks (Eubanks) at 9:30P, and Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour at 10P.

I'm guessing this means Sale won't be on at 7P anymore, but there hasn't been an announcement about what's going in that slot.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chrisholland03

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
Lawd, that episode of MG/HS during Lost & Found was bad.  I'm starting to rethink my ability to watch a trainwreck.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »
Most of the appeal of MG-HSH I feel like is just the mix of novelty of the show itself (which wears off quickly) and the fact that it didn't rerun for 35 years. 

Now that it's being seen (and starting today, seen regularly), the novelty fades fast and the people who want to see it can, and in general it's just not a great time.  (Although I am definitely looking forward to some of the theme weeks and celeb appearances)

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
Lawd, that episode of MG/HS during Lost & Found was bad.  I'm starting to rethink my ability to watch a trainwreck.
First time I saw it was at the Museum of TV and Radio, c. 2003. This being pre-Youtube and knowing the logistics preventing it from airing on GSN, I remember being highly intrigued.

Then I watched it. Was not impressed. I imagine my feelings won't change 16 years later, although I may have softened my stance on how much I disliked it.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Pyramid80

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 06:20:40 PM »
I agree, it was a bit difficult to watch the MG-HS Hour, but I’ll suffer though it.  It’s great to see these horrible episodes after all this time. I wonder how many episodes were converted and how long it will be on the schedule?

chrisholland03

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »
I'm still drawn to the things I was drawn to when I was watching as an elementary school kid - the intro, the set transitions, and the outro. 

Pyramid80

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »
I'm still drawn to the things I was drawn to when I was watching as an elementary school kid - the intro, the set transitions, and the outro.
Same here!!

gamed121683

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »
So if I'm reading the consensus correctly, the slick MTV style look & graphics have aged well, but the game itself hasn't?

Sodboy13

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »
That would seem to be the case from the few episodes I've watched in the past decade. Sound and visuals sure blew my hair back when I was 5, though, to the point where that all stuck with me for decades.

I think the format could work as a once-weekly if the person in charge knew what they were doing with both shows, and the network it was on was interested in good talent getting booked. But if you have all those factors, you probably are running MG and HS as two separate, competent shows.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation