The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus more fall schedule changes.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Chelsea Thrasher:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on September 04, 2019, 05:03:16 PM ---Only one sore thumb in the current schedule (IMHO), and that's confirmed to be fixed as of September 30, so I'm happy for that.

--- End quote ---

As it's the only real change beyond adding a weekend Cullen Price run (don't expect anything GSN hasn't aired on that front), the only other change is dropping Temptation - which was a perfectly fine half hour of television I've enjoyed revisiting, whose primary flaws are frustrating more than wrecking, and if anything whose biggest flaws were clearances (a LOT of weak timeslots on backmarker affiliates) for general audiences, and comparisons to the 80s and Australian versions on the part of the niche genre audience (ie us)

Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series.

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: Chelsea Thrasher on September 04, 2019, 07:47:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bryce L. on September 04, 2019, 05:03:16 PM ---Only one sore thumb in the current schedule (IMHO), and that's confirmed to be fixed as of September 30, so I'm happy for that.

--- End quote ---

As it's the only real change beyond adding a weekend Cullen Price run (don't expect anything GSN hasn't aired on that front), the only other change is dropping Temptation - which was a perfectly fine half hour of television I've enjoyed revisiting, whose primary flaws are frustrating more than wrecking, and if anything whose biggest flaws were clearances (a LOT of weak timeslots on backmarker affiliates) for general audiences, and comparisons to the 80s and Australian versions on the part of the niche genre audience (ie us)

Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series.

--- End quote ---

Buzzr said in the post there would be other fall schedule news to come, so there may be more changes. They still haven't released the full schedule for 9/30 (heck, their website only goes to this coming Sunday at the moment.)

Chelsea Thrasher:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on September 04, 2019, 08:22:45 PM ---Buzzr said in the post there would be other fall schedule news to come, so there may be more changes.

--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, my comment about the "only real change" except for Cullen TPiR was mostly to specifically reference Temptation, since it was only implied in the post I was quoting.   

Honestly the top of my wishlist is just "keep the 70s version of TTTT on the schedule somewhere", with maybe a secondary hope that more NBC-run $ale and a refresh of Classic Concentration both happen. But there's a channel running vintage game shows in 2019 and I'm not feeling particularly fussy beyond that.

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: Chelsea Thrasher on September 04, 2019, 07:47:20 PM ---Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series. 
--- End quote ---

I'm hoping for the 70s version with Carol Merrill and Jay Stewart.

jimlangefan:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on September 05, 2019, 12:10:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chelsea Thrasher on September 04, 2019, 07:47:20 PM ---Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series. 
--- End quote ---

I'm hoping for the 70s version with Carol Merrill and Jay Stewart.

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping for the same, but my bet is on the 1984-1986 version.   The run time is about 2 minutes less than the '70s version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version