Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus more fall schedule changes.  (Read 7588 times)

jimlangefan

BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus more fall schedule changes.
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:43:33 PM »
BUZZR has released details of this year's Lost & Found special and two schedule changes on Instagram and Facebook.   The Lost & Found will be a "Before they were stars" edition.   The highlight of this marathon will be a 1984 edition of Match Game - Hollywood Squares Hour featuring a young Howie Mandel.

The other shows featured will be Password Plus with Kirstie Alley, Match Game '77 with Brianne Leary, Press Your Luck  with Jenny Jones, Tattletales with Meg Ryan ( I believe the first time anything from the 1982-1984 version has aired on BUZZR), Child's Play with Jeff Cohen & Breckin Meyer,  Card Sharks with Kelly Packard, To Tell The Truth with Anderson Cooper & Michael Flately.

Beginning Sundays 9/30, The Price Is Right with Bill Cullen will begin airing weekly on the network at 4 PM EST.  The following day, 10/1/19, Let's Make A Deal FINALLY returns to the network replacing Temptation in 7:30 PM EST slot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:14:32 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

Matt Ottinger

Re: BUZZR 4th annual Lost & Found plus two fall schedule changes.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:14:55 PM »
I find that disappointing for the most part.  Hooray for another MG/HS, but when most of what you're going to show is already available to watch on YouTube, then "lost" probably isn't the best term to describe them..
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chrisholland03

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
In my opinion they can call it tapioca pudding.  I'll enjoy watching it. 

As long as it's not, in fact, tapioca pudding.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
The schedule doesn’t exist for us, and speaking for myself I think the current schedule is honestly really good.

Beyond that, all those episodes only exist on youtube because they’re a revenue stream.  Fremantle monetizes almost all of them, and it can be a surprisingly lucrative revenue source. If that disappeared, you can count on Fremantle nixing most of those uploads through copyright enforcement

Bryce L.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 05:03:16 PM »
The schedule doesn’t exist for us, and speaking for myself I think the current schedule is honestly really good.
Only one sore thumb in the current schedule (IMHO), and that's confirmed to be fixed as of September 30, so I'm happy for that.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
Only one sore thumb in the current schedule (IMHO), and that's confirmed to be fixed as of September 30, so I'm happy for that.

As it's the only real change beyond adding a weekend Cullen Price run (don't expect anything GSN hasn't aired on that front), the only other change is dropping Temptation - which was a perfectly fine half hour of television I've enjoyed revisiting, whose primary flaws are frustrating more than wrecking, and if anything whose biggest flaws were clearances (a LOT of weak timeslots on backmarker affiliates) for general audiences, and comparisons to the 80s and Australian versions on the part of the niche genre audience (ie us)

Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series.

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 08:22:45 PM »

As it's the only real change beyond adding a weekend Cullen Price run (don't expect anything GSN hasn't aired on that front), the only other change is dropping Temptation - which was a perfectly fine half hour of television I've enjoyed revisiting, whose primary flaws are frustrating more than wrecking, and if anything whose biggest flaws were clearances (a LOT of weak timeslots on backmarker affiliates) for general audiences, and comparisons to the 80s and Australian versions on the part of the niche genre audience (ie us)

Let's Make a Deal (literally any version they could run) is still definitely an upgrade, but Temptation is a vastly underrated series.

Buzzr said in the post there would be other fall schedule news to come, so there may be more changes. They still haven't released the full schedule for 9/30 (heck, their website only goes to this coming Sunday at the moment.)
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:56 PM »
Buzzr said in the post there would be other fall schedule news to come, so there may be more changes.

For what it's worth, my comment about the "only real change" except for Cullen TPiR was mostly to specifically reference Temptation, since it was only implied in the post I was quoting.   

Honestly the top of my wishlist is just "keep the 70s version of TTTT on the schedule somewhere", with maybe a secondary hope that more NBC-run $ale and a refresh of Classic Concentration both happen. But there's a channel running vintage game shows in 2019 and I'm not feeling particularly fussy beyond that.

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 12:10:10 AM »

I'm hoping for the 70s version with Carol Merrill and Jay Stewart.

jimlangefan

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 12:40:20 PM »

I'm hoping for the same, but my bet is on the 1984-1986 version.   The run time is about 2 minutes less than the '70s version.
TV's Big Dealer

tvmitch

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 06:57:01 AM »
I'm hoping for the same, but my bet is on the 1984-1986 version.   The run time is about 2 minutes less than the '70s version.
I wonder if those Family Channel cuts of the '70s episodes they ran still exist. In all their awkward slide-transition glory.
You should follow me on Twitter

BillCullen1

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »

Today (Sept. 6) is Jay Stewart's birthday. He would be 101 if he was still with us.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 07:38:25 PM »
Buzzr just had an ad for Let's Make a Deal.  It had footage from just the All New 80s version.

jimlangefan

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 11:44:07 PM »
Buzzr just had an ad for Let's Make a Deal.  It had footage from just the All New 80s version.

BUZZR has pretty much from the beginning used footage from the '84-'86 version when airing the '70s. 
TV's Big Dealer

jimlangefan

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »
BUZZR has just posted on FB that Split Secind with Monty Hall will be coming to the network beginning 9/30 at 10 PM Est for an hour long block and beginning 10/1 will air weekdays at 10 AM Est.  Also coming to the network permanently is The Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour.  It will have a primetime slot weekdays at 10 PM EST, Saturdays at 8 PM Est, and Sundays at 3 PM Est.
TV's Big Dealer